Codex: Deathwatch

By ak-73, in Deathwatch

yeah, i'm surpisded gw doesn't bring back the squats to make a new army and codex to pull in that extra dollar.

On a serious note, why the heck are the number of Codexed xenos so freakin' limited? There have been a number of species which have put in appearances in the fluff- where are my Tallerian Dog Soldier figs? Or Hrud? Or anything beyond the 'big five' (Orks, Eldar, Tyranids, Tau, Necrons). The 40K galaxy is supposed to be thick with hostile xenos, and GW is ever-eager to sell new models, so why this artificial limit...?

Edited by Adeptus-B

Even a dedicated kroot list would be good.

You're right though, and a new xeno race would really interest me.

Edited by DariusAPB

Forget a new xenos race, stat out the ones they've beent alking about forever! Like the Hrud, the slaught, the khrave, etc.

Or, you know. Adepta Sororitas.

Oh snap! :D

Absolutely; I guess it's just a tradition by now. They kind of did the same with Storm Troopers as well.

At some point we're probably going to get a Codex: Ogryns, too. :P

You should see what they did with age of sigmar: hack up one traditional army into 3 or more different groups each with their own army book.. wich lead to factions with a grand total of about five units (streched into 10 with what's basically weapon swaps) If we apply that system to 40K, an ogrynn codex might be viable... sigh.

People need to stop feeding GWs greed. I did.

But but but... Eldar harlequins AND deathwatch in the same box!

Warhammer-40000-Death-Masque-DE.jpg (box art is incredibly lame toogh)

But but but... Eldar harlequins AND deathwatch in the same box!

Warhammer-40000-Death-Masque-DE.jpg (box art is incredibly lame toogh)

I was content to only play the videogames+RPG, cast aside my brush and paints and just enjoy the universe from a distance until this box set.

Not even exaggerating.

I really really want my friend to break out his Eldar Ranger special character and run a rangers list against me.

It'll never happen, as he is full aware of my Sternguard Fetish. (And every time he brings rangers they do nothing and instadie)

Still, it's enjoyable to think about from time to time.

So many anti-cover rounds.

yeah, i'm surpisded gw doesn't bring back the squats to make a new army and codex to pull in that extra dollar.

On a serious note, why the heck are the number of Codexed xenos so freakin' limited? There have been a number of species which have put in appearances in the fluff- where are my Tallerian Dog Soldier figs? Or Hrud? Or anything beyond the 'big five' (Orks, Eldar, Tyranids, Tau, Necrons). The 40K galaxy is supposed to be thick with hostile xenos, and GW is ever-eager to sell new models, so why this artificial limit...?

One word. Allies. most of the new codices are smaller ones. with a limited range of models for it etc (death watch is the largest release we've gotten in awhile and when you examine what they actually put into the boxes, death watch consists of 3 new sets of minis (the watch commander, the Blackstar, and the death watch veterns) and an upgrade sprue. and the number of units in the codex is pretty limited. it'll be eneugh for some people sure, but it's pretty clearly intended as an army to ally with other forces. most of the new armies they've brought in have been allies like that, (including the one new xenos army we did get, Eldar Harliquins) a genuinely NEW alien army would require a huge release, and proably be pretty risky.

I like how the allies mechanic has been refined, and agree with the above. Deathwatch as with Harlequins and Skitarii, and for that matter Tempestus are largely Ally armies.

Maybe we'll get an all servitor army codex next. or a special box set of sisters of battle vs. slaaneshi daemon army...

Do you know how many of that box set i'd buy??? Sisters vs Slaanesh/Chaos? ALL THE BOX SETS!

Do you know how many of that box set i'd buy??? Sisters vs Slaanesh/Chaos? ALL THE BOX SETS!

If they made a female ogryn army would you buy it?

If they had a certain unique difference that set them apart from male ogryn i'd consider it. If Tempetus troops didn't look like they were wearing gimp masks i'd get them.

I'd also do templar fraternis, if they did the army based on the crusader mini...

Soroitas though, the nuns with guns joan of arc feel. Godyes.

Edited by DariusAPB

gw-99810213010.jpg

SOLD

lol @ the handbag actually being a hand-bag

I'm surprised they didn;t paint her outfit red or pink....

Nowadays smeone might do her in harlequin colors.

I'm surprised they didn;t paint her outfit red or pink....

Nowadays smeone might do her in harlequin colors.

Blue was originaly the color for girls...