Can't find the app on the ffg page

By zeromage, in Mansions of Madness

Can someone point me in the direction of where to download the app for a windows computer?

You can download it on PC using Steam. If you haven't used Steam before, you need to install that first, then download the app for Mansions. (Steam and the Mansions app are both free)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/478980/

Edited by Inmate4251

The rule books states you can download a copy of the app for PC or Mac from the FFG website. Some of us don't use Steam, and would rather do as FFG have stated and download it direct. This way we can store a copy on USB or CD so we can keep it with the game.

So, can someone point us to where we can download it from this site as stated?

I check a few different places on this very site (game tools, and so on), but no trace of the app being downloadable from the site. You may want to mail the customer service and ask them directly

I'm not entirely sure, but I have a hunch why the PC version of the app might stay solely available through steam: Selling the equivalent of the print-on-demand scenarios from first edition as digital content through an established digital distribution platform.

In addition to that FFG might prefer a delivery method that involves some form of content protection through DRM. Should that be the case there aren't any good alternatives to Steam, in my opinion at least.

If FFG isn't hellbent on requiring DRM, we could very well see it released on FFGs website (or DRM-free stores like 'Good old Games' on gog.com or the 'Humble Store' on humblebundle.com).

For an official statement on this I'd follow Julia's advice and e-mail FFGs software support: [email protected]

Edited by LagAdder

The rule books states you can download a copy of the app for PC or Mac from the FFG website. Some of us don't use Steam, and would rather do as FFG have stated and download it direct. This way we can store a copy on USB or CD so we can keep it with the game.

So, can someone point us to where we can download it from this site as stated?

Probably a typo. It's only avaliable for pc on steam plataform ( and don't see this avaliable outside a major distribution plataform)

Check the links on the end

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/4/enter-the-mansion/