When you get a character you dislike, do you try to play with it well, or do you try to get it killed?

By kain7th, in Talisman

What do you do when you get a character you don't like?

I might play him more aggressively than I would if it wasnt for the respawn; go for spots w 2+ draws, not go try to heal when at 2 life etc.

I wouldn't play badly, 'd prefer to just not play.

we play with balanced characters though so it's only an issue w digitial edition

We play with all characters mixed. We either play single random or draw three pick one, depending on the mood of the group.

I play as best I can with any character I get.

We all choose who we want to play. (advising new players if necessary)

We all choose who we want to play. (advising new players if necessary)

We do the same. Our group never understood why anyone would play a game in which they had a character they had no investment. We have the characters separated into Good, Neutral and Evil piles and pass them around picking as we desire.

I have a house rule that deals with this. If you don't like the three characters that you get to pick from, you can randomly draw one character, which you must play. You can still wind up with a dud, though.

I play to win, no matter which character I've got to work with. Sometimes it takes a little more work than others. So while I might not have as many cool special abilities to use, I still play to win.

I have a house rule that deals with this. If you don't like the three characters that you get to pick from, you can randomly draw one character, which you must play. You can still wind up with a dud, though.

I play to win, no matter which character I've got to work with. Sometimes it takes a little more work than others. So while I might not have as many cool special abilities to use, I still play to win.

Thats a great house rule. I will try that one out :) .

I like the occasional challenge of playing with crappy characters.

How hubby and I choose characters is, each person rolls a die. If you roll a 1, you get only 1 randomly drawn character. If you roll a 2, you get to choose from 2 randomly drawn characters. Etc.

It's fun when one of us rolls a 1 and the other a 6. The 1 often gets a dud and the 6 gets a badass.

Funner still when the dud wins against the badass.

When I play, I don't consider respawn. I try to win with the current character UNTIL THE END. For Glory.

Play it well. Always.

(For Glory)

i dont just want to play seriously, i want to win and preferably not (only) through other players bad luck. if you get a bad character staying alive is usually not enough, you need to take chances to catch up and overcome character with better abilities.

I would never just play it safe, spending half the game running from danger and to healing, because my character is too weak to overcome obstacles and hope that my opponents gets toaded giving me a chance to win. If taking chances gets me killed its no great loss since it can take a **** character a dozen turns or more to even out the difference in power vs a good character.

Im the same in most games honestly, I either contend for the win or go out in a blaze of glory.