We already have Call of Cthulhu

By Boogiepop, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

I've gotta say, Fantasy Flight Games is starting to make me feel like a chump.

I am a huge fan of Arkham Horror, and after investing significant money in the game (with expansions, etc.), I feels like they basically killed it with Eldritch Horror.

I also own Runebound and Fury of Dracula, both of which have been obsoleted via new editions.

My current favorite is Elder Sign, and I now own every expansion. But now I immediately wonder if Arkham LCG won't starve out Elder Sign. Certainly it is not a directly replacement, but there is clearly overlap, and I would generally expect that an LCG is a more profitable money-maker for the company.

Am I unusual for being bothered by this? I'm seriously considering putting a ban on all Fantasy Flight purchases.

New concepts and shiny things have to come to pay the bills for companies in a very competitive market.

Enjoy what you enjoy, play what you choose to, with people that don't have to buy every new piece of shrink wrap they smell.

I am buying some new Gencon hotness very soon, but I also play long out of print or "graveyard" forgotten systems as well. Depends on the friends I'm having a match with on any particular night. Don't stress if you can, just have a blast on your terms.

I feel like coop works better for the setting. Either that or like some sort of asymmetrical game.

The co-op feeling of the universe (well, FFG's take on the universe) has been around for just about every FFG Cthulhu game. The Cthulhu lcg was really the only one that was different. However, part of me really likes the aspect of playing one of the elder gods or faction that wants to see humanity doomed or seeing the downfall of another elder god and his/her cultists. I wouldn't mind some middle ground to somehow be developed.

I feel like coop works better for the setting. Either that or like some sort of asymmetrical game.

The co-op feeling of the universe (well, FFG's take on the universe) has been around for just about every FFG Cthulhu game. The Cthulhu lcg was really the only one that was different. However, part of me really likes the aspect of playing one of the elder gods or faction that wants to see humanity doomed or seeing the downfall of another elder god and his/her cultists. I wouldn't mind some middle ground to somehow be developed.

Have you tried Cthulhu Wars? It's not Fantasy Flight, but it's a really thematic game that lets you play as the bad guys.

I heard of it and The Cthulhu Wars, but I never bought the Kickstarter for the former. Probably won't get it since I have so many other games to upkeep, but I would like to see a mini-expansion for this new lcg that could let you pit two other-world factions or other such craziness. I could always just pick up the Cthulhu lcg stuff too.

Have you tried Cthulhu Wars? It's not Fantasy Flight, but it's a really thematic game that lets you play as the bad guys.

I heard of it and The Cthulhu Wars, but I never bought the Kickstarter for the former. Probably won't get it since I have so many other games to upkeep, but I would like to see a mini-expansion for this new lcg that could let you pit two other-world factions or other such craziness. I could always just pick up the Cthulhu lcg stuff too.

My LGS has cthulhu wars, but it's a bit much for me: almost 200 euros and it even weighs a ton! I'm hoping we'll someday get a scaled down cheaper version.

CW3.jpg

Look at the size of those figures! It's okay to make miniatures , guys! I don't need a statuette of Hastur for a gaming piece.

My LGS has cthulhu wars, but it's a bit much for me: almost 200 euros and it even weighs a ton! I'm hoping we'll someday get a scaled down cheaper version.

CW3.jpg

Look at the size of those figures! It's okay to make miniatures , guys! I don't need a statuette of Hastur for a gaming piece.

Said the guy with the gigantic heroclix figures at home... :P

I've got Cthulhu Wars, it's awesome. Maybe I can reuse some of those figures in this game too :)

The problem with cthulhu wars is that you need to take out a mortgage to afford the expansions, plus a lot of the miniatures aren't that nice.

I'm still happy playing the Mythos CCG. It can be played multiplayer or solo.