Premium dice

By Finkelstoat, in Star Wars: Destiny

Cards have sleeves available because they're going to get used a lot but colour printed dice sound like a strange choice for an actively handled component. Assuming the process is similar to printing on keyboards it will be hard wearing but i'm sure i'm not the only one who has wiped out WASD and my keyboard does not see any abrasives from being knocked around being transported just fingers and clean damp cloth. Has anyone yet got a hold of these yet and more importantly subjected them to 'Gaming'

How would anyone got ahold of a game that's not out till November and not demoed till later this week ??

How would anyone got ahold of a game that's not out till November and not demoed till later this week ??

ninjas :ph34r:

Or maybe playtesters...

FFG probably put the dice through the same testing regime that vehicles go through for their crash-safety test ratings :)

Edited by Zordren

Or maybe playtesters...

FFG probably put the dice through the same testing regime that vehicles go through for their crash-safety test ratings :)

Edited by Toqtamish

I think the question was more "has anyone gotten ahold of dice made using this same process" rather than "has anyone gotten these specific dice"

As long as you're not rubbing the dice with your fingers, I don't see how you could put that much wear on the dice. Use a dice cup or dice tower maybe. And if you're really concerned, roll each die separately so the corners don't jab the faces.

If the game is due out in November then allowing for FFG shipping Inc to take the upwards of 3 month journey to get product from China to the US they would have almost everything boxed up and ready to go.

mbcnxlf7iwiwoo0slew9.jpg

However, by using a shipping company that is capable of hitting "plaid speed" they can make the run in about 15 parsecs and delivery a few boxes of stuff very fast. Leaving Pedro to take care of the rest of us.

tumblr_nnn18nOUT11tihz8po4_400.gif

Cards have sleeves available because they're going to get used a lot but colour printed dice sound like a strange choice for an actively handled component. Assuming the process is similar to printing on keyboards it will be hard wearing but i'm sure i'm not the only one who has wiped out WASD and my keyboard does not see any abrasives from being knocked around being transported just fingers and clean damp cloth. Has anyone yet got a hold of these yet and more importantly subjected them to 'Gaming'

I have a keyboard from 2009, still going strong and I use it at work.

lg_K510ART-0CBS-CRWTOS.jpg

So the process of how you get the image imprinted on the dice or keys is quite important.

Time travellers ;)

... or timetravelling ninjas if you play Smash Up.

It's not stickers, thats a good thing.

I have a keyboard from 2009, still going strong and I use it at work.

lg_K510ART-0CBS-CRWTOS.jpg

So the process of how you get the image imprinted on the dice or keys is quite important.

Oh...my...word...

I need this keyboard -- for...reasons!

I think the dice will be fine based on the system for making them described in the articles.

(but seriously, Amanal where did you get that keyboard?!??!) :o

www.keyscrapper.com

I think they either didn't have permission for the Star Trek or lost it as they seem to no longer make them.