Deck construction points?

By Kanpeki, in Star Wars: Destiny

So, anyone figured out the deck construction points yet? I see a number/higher number on big names like Captain Phasma or Luke Skywalker. But the First Order Storm Trooper just has a "7" with no slash. I'm trying figure out how the example image with Count Dooku, Captain Phasma and a FO Trooper is possible. At first glance, it seems like you'd want to run as many characters as you can, right?

Fascinating...

I think the first value is if you carry one die, and the second if you carry a second copy of the die... the oes witouth slash only have one die maximun i think

I think the first value is if you carry one die, and the second if you carry a second copy of the die... the oes witouth slash only have one die maximun i think

I was getting ready to post this myself. You can see several shots of "in play" where they show 2 dice of a particular character, and then only one of the FOTrooper.

Ah, cool, thanks guys. That makes sense. So, we think 30 points is the max for your team? Or more than 30 based on the Luke Skywalker plus Han Solo team in one of the examples?

Well you have to take into account the Luke uses an upgrade that grants a dice. Every Character in the picture only got 1 die and some use upgrades that grant a die.

The Hero player got 2 characters, a support and an upgrade with one die each. 4 dice in total.

The Villain player got 3 characters, a support and an upgrade with one die each. 5 dice in total

Luke + Han = 29 points

Dooku + Phasma + Trooper = 30 points

Edited by Reaver027

Well you have to take into account the Luke uses an upgrade that grants a dice. Every Character in the picture only got 1 die and some use upgrades that grant a die.

The Hero player got 2 characters, a support and an upgrade with one die each. 4 dice in total.

The Villain player got 3 characters, a support and an upgrade with one die each. 5 dice in total

Luke + Han = 29 points

Dooku + Phasma + Trooper = 30 points

Your math-fu is strong, LOL!

Thanks for breaking it down. I wonder if I can build a deck with 2 dice Luke - but have to take a weaker, non-unique light side character like "Rebel Trooper" or something? I'm liking that Dooku/Phasma/FOTrooper team a lot, actually.

You think it's 30 card decks and only 30 points in play at once?

Edited by CheapCreep

That might be it. That would make it so that you have much lesser need to chase rares, since you couldn't have a super stack on the board. It's an interesting idea at least.

From the available interest, 30/30 looks like the limit. I suspect it will be no more than 30 points of characters and a minimum of 30 cards for the deck. Not sure if the deck will be allowed to be larger.

And now that I'm thinking about it, I'm betting the Starter Sets will give you a 17/20 formula. It's been discussed elsewhere that the starter likely includes a 20-card deck. Rey costs 9, so if Finn is 8, you have 17 points of characters there. Kylo Ren is 10 and the First Order Stormtrooper is 7, so you have 17 points there. Again, this gives new players an incentive to buy some boosters and build a fully-legal deck by adding to and modifying the starter set.

Edited by Budgernaut

Perhaps, but then, big name supports like the Falcon and BB-8 don't have deck construction points. I think the deck construction points only count when building your starting team. I doubt there's a "no more than X on the board at once" rule - that'd be too much bookkeeping for a game like this, eh?

If it's thirty points of characters in your deck that makes for a very focused deck, in actually interested to see what people make with that,

From the available interest, 30/30 looks like the limit. I suspect it will be no more than 30 points of characters and a minimum of 30 cards for the deck. Not sure if the deck will be allowed to be larger.

And now that I'm thinking about it, I'm betting the Starter Sets will give you a 17/20 formula. It's been discussed elsewhere that the starter likely includes a 20-card deck. Rey costs 9, so if Finn is 8, you have 17 points of characters there. Kylo Ren is 10 and the First Order Stormtrooper is 7, so you have 17 points there. Again, this gives new players an incentive to buy some boosters and build a fully-legal deck by adding to and modifying the starter set.

Finn is a 13/16 card while Rey is a 9/12

Kylo is 10/13

Edited by Reaver027

Kylo is 10/13

Have we seen Finn? I knew about Kylo and Rey, but hadn't seen Finn's cost yet.

Kylo is 10/13

Have we seen Finn? I knew about Kylo and Rey, but hadn't seen Finn's cost yet.

swd01_finn.png

Well, 13 + 9 != 20, so I have no idea what's going on here. Seems like the Hero box has a bit of an advantage as far as characters go. Maybe the Villain box will have a better deck.

... Or maybe it just won't be balanced at all as even further incentive to go buy more stuff. :(

Well the Troopers are not unique so there could be two in there.

2 Rey + 1 Finn = 25

1 Rey + 2 Finn = 25

2 Rey + 2 Finn = 28

1 Kylo + 2 Troopers = 24

2 Kylo + 1 Trooper = 20

2 Kylo + 2 Troopers = 27

Looks pretty close :D

Edited by Reaver027

Well the Troopers are not unique. so there could be two in there.

2 Rey + 1 Finn = 25

1 Rey + 2 Finn = 25

2 rey + 2 Finn = 28

1 Kylo + 2 Troopers = 24

2 Kylo + 1 Trooper = 20

2 Kylo + 2 Troopers = 27

I suppose it's possible. But I highly doubt they'll give us two dice for a main character in a starter box. We'll see.

2 Rey + 1 Finn = 25

1 Rey + 2 Finn = 25

2 rey + 2 Finn = 28

1 Kylo + 2 Troopers = 24

2 Kylo + 1 Trooper = 20

2 Kylo + 2 Troopers = 27

I suppose it's possible. But I highly doubt they'll give us two dice for a main character in a starter box. We'll see.

I assume that the characters in the starters will only be found in the starters. As well as some other cards with a grey background in the set number area.

It would make sense to give you max dice for those.

Edited by Reaver027

2 Rey + 1 Finn = 25

1 Rey + 2 Finn = 25

2 rey + 2 Finn = 28

1 Kylo + 2 Troopers = 24

2 Kylo + 1 Trooper = 20

2 Kylo + 2 Troopers = 27

I assume that the characters in the starters will only be found in the starters. As well as some other cards with a grey background in the set number area.

It would make sense to give you max dice for those.

That may be, but in Star Wars Miniatures, for example, they had a starter set with Vader and 2 Stormtroopers vs. Obi-Wan and 2 Rebel Troopers. Each of those figures had a number, S1-S6 to denote they were from the starter, but the same figures with the same stats and cards could also be found in the first set. The only difference was that they were numbered differently.

Perhaps, but then, big name supports like the Falcon and BB-8 don't have deck construction points. I think the deck construction points only count when building your starting team. I doubt there's a "no more than X on the board at once" rule - that'd be too much bookkeeping for a game like this, eh?

Agreed. I'd assume it's 30 points on characters to start and some deck building rule like only 2 copies of a card in your deck.

Agreed. I'd assume it's 30 points on characters to start and some deck building rule like only 2 copies of a card in your deck.

Also, probably a minimum and maximum number of event, upgrade, and support cards required.

Edited by jtstrick84

That isn't a terribly common feature in deck building. Certainly not from FFG. Only Netrunner has a subset of cards you must run a certain amount of, and it isn't a strict number if cards, and only because capturing those cards is the way both sides win.

Well, the falcon is a card that goes in the deck. In the pic it has a five resource cost. So why would it be out at the start of the game? Only characters go out at the start. But the slash is confusing. Do you really need to find two dice to use the second version?

Edited by Toenail

I doubt you can have multiple dice with the same name, unless I've missed something amongst the X number of pages about this game...

I doubt you can have multiple dice with the same name, unless I've missed something amongst the X number of pages about this game...

For two dice in a play scenario pause the video at 12 seconds. 2 Luke dice and 2 Vader dice. That's what the 15/20 on Luke probably is. 15 points to bring 1 Luke die, 20 points to bring 2 Luke dice.