G.I.Joe Cobra Assault

By ThisIsMyBoomstick, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

I finally got to start a SWIP campaign with some friends this weekend despite having owned Imperial Assault since it released and all I can say is that I'm so enthralled with it now that I simply can't wait for next weekend. It's that much fun.

I am aware that Imperial Assault is just the most recent in a fairly long line of FFG board games that share a relatively similar design, but as it currently is, I think the mechanics and ideas and designs that make Imperial Assault what it is would work PERFECTLY with the classic G.I.Joe stuff.

​Pick such classic heroes as Sergeant Stalker, Snake Eyes, Duke, Scarlett, SNOWJOB and potentially way more and go wreck COBRA's day. Storm Troopers would be replaced with regular Cobra troops. Elite Storm Troopers could be represented by Crimson Guard. You have potential for way more epic bad guy battles with foes like Bludd, Tomax and Xamot, Destro and anyone else you can think of. Freak out when a HISS crashes through the wall the same way you would when you fight an AT-ST.

​Cobra BATS, blowing up the MASS device, cheesy cartoon and comic tropes galore...

​The possibilities with G.I.Joe are just as numerous as they are with Star Wars, and it's such a (literally) colorful universe too that it'd just be pure eye-candy on the table.

FFG,​ I want. Other people don't know it yet, but they want it too. I speak for 100% of the world. Except for terrorists.