He/she who spends the most money shall be winner...the question is how much

By karatechop, in Star Wars: Destiny

I was able snagged some promos on ebay at a decent price, a price that I'd be willing to pay for a legendary, $20-$30

If the Legendaries stay around that price point that'd be great, either way it will be cheaper than Magic Mythics because you only really need 2 of them.

Edited by netherspirit

I was able snagged some promos on ebay at a decent price, a price that I'd be willing to pay for a legendary, $20-$30

If the Legendaries stay around that price point that'd be great, either way it will be cheaper than Magic Mythics because you only really need 2 of them.

Exactly. MTG decks usually have something like 24 lands and 36 actual card. Since you can play 4x of each card your average deck contains only 9 to 15 different non-land cards. So only the top tier cards make it in any given decks, since there are so few slots and so there's next to no demand for most rares and the few rares that are viable in constructed will all go up in price. Basically when you buy that 50$ card what you're paying for is all the other cards that are worth less than the boosters they were in.

With destiny you should have 15 to 20 different card in your deck, plus heroes and location cards. And you only need 1 or 2 of each at most.

tl;dr Compared to MTG you should expect fewer cards to be bargain box material (50 cents to 1 dollar), more cards to go for a decent price (5$-10$) and fewer cards to get extremely high prices.

I saw someone on CGDB selling the promos for $75 apiece. Nasty really.

I saw someone on CGDB selling the promos for $75 apiece. Nasty really.

Nasty in what way?

You are talking about the luxury version of a luxury good, so how can any price be nasty?

Does these cards are different from the ones we get on future first starter packs?

Nope, just prettier. I say print a copy and sleeve it up if you want one so bad haha

Does these cards are different from the ones we get on future first starter packs?

FFG is great in that their organized play prizes are just prettier stuff. Not like WizKids where it is super overpowered need to have units etc.

It all depends on how long the set is available. If it's available for 6+ months, then the secondhand market should be fairly tame.

Let's not forget that Magic card prices are dictated heavily by tournament use and Magic tournaments can have a very high prize payout.

It seems unlikely that Destiny will have any real high stakes tournaments anytime soon so it seems unlikely that the price of singles will be on the same level as Magic singles.

It all depends on how long the set is available. If it's available for 6+ months, then the secondhand market should be fairly tame.

Also, volume. Given this product will likely be found in targets and walmarts across the land...id say the secondary market will indeed be tame. likely volatile at first though...which is the norm