Looking forward to...

By ImmortalJedi, in Star Wars: Destiny

...seeing the rules of the game

...finding out what the rarity levels are and how each pack is broken down by rarity

...seeing a checklist and knowing how many cards/dice are in the set

I really wish I was going to GenCon now! Can't wait to hear reports and impressions of the game.

We know the card break down. 3 C, 1 U, 1 R/SR per pack.

We know the card break down. 3 C, 1 U, 1 R/SR per pack.

Thanks, Sithborg! I missed that in the articles.

The highest number on a card that i saw in the video was 174. So there will be at least that many cards in the set.

Based on other collectible games i would assume that a third of those will be rare/legendary.

Edit: From looking at the announcement news it seems that cards with dice are first in the set. The highest number on a card that got a dice was 66 in the video. Some of the these cards are from the starters.

Rarity colors seem to be: grey, yellow, green, purple

Edited by Reaver027

I don't think the colors will correlate to rarity in any way. The one preview said the 3 main colors (blue, red, yellow) equal the different "groupings" of characters:

blue = Force characters

red = Command and Military type

yellow = Rogue and Smuggler types

grey = Equipment and Neutral type

All of the dice I've seen seem to match up with what their character's color was.

I don't think the colors will correlate to rarity in any way. The one preview said the 3 main colors (blue, red, yellow) equal the different "groupings" of characters:

blue = Force characters

red = Command and Military type

yellow = Rogue and Smuggler types

grey = Equipment and Neutral type

All of the dice I've seen seem to match up with what their character's color was.

Pretty sure he is talking about the colors around the collector number in the lower right of each card.

So, rules speculations:

We see seven different symbols appearing on dice.

The crossed lightsabers and blaster presumably signify different kinds of damage and the arrows and helm look like different shields for them. There's also: something that looks like a card, which is presumably drawing cards (though it seems nuts that Dooku would just let you draw 2), a crate that is presumably resource which is used to play attachments and the symbol the RPGs use for triumph which activates some abilities.

The puzzling thing is the blue plus symbols; they could possibly be like regular symbols that could be added to attacks later in the turn.

On the product page, under the 'read more' tab, it has a full breakdown of what all of the symbols do There's actually quite a few. It doesn't explain the '+' symbol for the ranged and melee attacks though.

On the product page, under the 'read more' tab, it has a full breakdown of what all of the symbols do There's actually quite a few. It doesn't explain the '+' symbol for the ranged and melee attacks though.

WHYYYYYYY is that information there, and not in the main or a second article?

Not sure. It's kind of an easter egg hunt right now to find all of the info between the teaser video, splash page, product page, etc. Can't wait until we just get the full rulebook.

Not sure. It's kind of an easter egg hunt right now to find all of the info between the teaser video, splash page, product page, etc. Can't wait until we just get the full rulebook.

LOL easter egg hunt!

Yeah, can't wait to, man. I'm starting to warm up towards this game.

Ok i found another color marker on the numbers that is blue.

grey = fixed

yellow/blue = common/uncommon

green = rare

purple = legendary

legendarys: Luke, Han, Luke's Lightsaber, Falcon, Phasma, Vader, Kylo's Lightsaber, Force Choke

So at least 8 legendaries.

Edited by Reaver027

grey = fixed

green = rare

purple = legendary

legendarys: Luke, Han, Luke's Lightsaber, Falcon, Phasma, Vader, Kylo's Lightsaber, Force Choke

Do we have a way yet to determine for sure which color is Legendary? Looks like green and purple are definitely the rares and legendaries, but how are you sure that purple is Legendary? Just curious.

Who do you think is more legendary? Luke (purple) or Admiral Ackbar (green)?

grey = fixed

green = rare

purple = legendary

Do we have a way yet to determine for sure which color is Legendary? Looks like green and purple are definitely the rares and legendaries, but how are you sure that purple is Legendary? Just curious.

When you look at the cards the sheer amount of green you can see makes it pretty obvious (at least to me) that green is rare and purple is legendary.

I wonder how rare (as amount per display) those legendaries will be.

Who do you think is more legendary? Luke (purple) or Admiral Ackbar (green)?

When you look at the cards the sheer amount of green you can see makes it pretty obvious (at least to me) that green is rare and purple is legendary.

Fair enough. Thanks.

This. Please god don't be like Decipher Star Wars CCG days where there was those ultra rare Luke and Emperor Palpatines that were HIGHLY superior to all other characters and yet were not even guaranteed 1 ultra rare per $120 box...

For comparison, can anyone who plays Magic and/or Dicemasters currently say what the highest cost rares go for? I haven't played Magic in a while so not sure what to look to for comparison.

Edited by Mattr0polis

With the sheer amount of legendary cards I hope it's one per pack. Hard to say, I want to try a demo but I'm afraid to buy in.

This. Please god don't be like Decipher Star Wars CCG days where there was those ultra rare Luke and Emperor Palpatines that were HIGHLY superior to all other characters and yet were not even guaranteed 1 ultra rare per $120 box...

For comparison, can anyone who plays Magic and/or Dicemasters currently say what the highest cost rares go for? I haven't played Magic in a while so not sure what to look to for comparison.

Ah yeah those two were so Obvious OP ( For those who don't know the deciper cards: they either had a good ability and a low "destiny" number (used for other effects) or had a high destiny but weren't very good cards. Now Luke and Palpatine were good cards with high numbers- Broken!) FFG better not pul that, but they should know better anyway.

With dice masters, most super rares (2 per gravity feed) are under 20 a piece. Tsarina and Gobby are arguably some of the most played super rares from the short packed 1st set and these go around 50 -70 dolars. I think the most expensive rare is the (rare) blue eyes white dragon reaching 50. Now bear in mind: you need to pay that only once (to get the card) the dice you can get from the dirt cheap common versions of the same card.

Now with magic you have cards that cost a lot, and you will have to triple/quadruple that cost because you'll want a full playset of that card. Not sure if you can compare destiny with MTG.

So far we don't even know if can have multiples of a card in your deck.

Edited by Robin Graves

In Magic you get ~4 Mythics per Box of 36 boosters

In Dicemasters you get 2 Super Rares per Box of 90 boosters

A Magic set contains 12 - 18 Mythics depending on set size

A Dice Master Set contains 8 Super Rares

Dice Master:

Black Widow - Tsarina is out of print and at 80$

Bat Girl - Babs is in print and at 60$

Magic:

The two recent releases and their highets priced cards. Remember these two sets are fairly cheap due to rather low power level.

Nahiri, the Harbinger 23$

Liliana, the Last Hope 44$

and just for fun Beta Black Lotus 7800$

Edited by Reaver027

Wiz-kids is pretty much the pinnacle of bad rarity distribution.

Jace the mind sculptor: 78$ down from 100 back in the day.

wasteland zendikar expiditions version: 120$

force of will: 98$

How is that?

How is that?

Overall they gave a habit of including even more rare rarities to thier games, along with generally following a model in which more rare = more better.

Now obviously there is always the urge to justify the rarity by making the item worth it, but there is a tipping point on which it becomes problematic. Tsarina and Gobby being prime examples of this. They were both of the highest rarity and absurdly powerful compared to everything else.

For instance in Heroclix they have the following rarities. Common, Uncommon, Rare, Super Rare, Chase. But then there are also Primes of each rarity except Chase. And then you also might have special items that could be in any pack. They might even have Super Chases at this point, it wouldn't suprise me.