What?

By dboeren1, in Star Wars: Destiny

Where is there more info on this game?

**** I just missed first post :(

I remember a Dice and Card Game version of Star Wars CCG...

It did not end well.

Edited by IsawaChuckles

Aaand, it's been deleted from the News page. Make up your mind guys :)

My only thought about them going back to the collectible model is to get into big box stores, which has been a stated goal of Asmodee. As much as I love their main model, it doesn't work quite that well for bigger stores.

I really don't want to get into this, but god ****, do I want that TFA art.

Though I guess Star Wars Worlds is going to be a bit more crowded with another game added to the mix...

Yeah, also gonna say that going back to a ccg (with dice) model vs lcg completely turns me off, and this almost feels like a betrayal of everything ffg holds dear! They're the LCG company, who were said to destroy randomized boosters, not join them! Bring balance to the gaming world, not leave it in (randomized) darkness!

Cheesy overused quotes aside, I don't think this one's gonna be for me...

I'm a huge dicemasters fan, so I've no problem with the booster part of it (altough DM is cheaper with a buck per two dice plus cards) and the card art is fine. But I'm not a fan of those big dice with stickers on them.

I hope FFG made their version better than this game:

pic2683383_md.png

A company takes a hyper profitable license and puts it in the more profitable distribution model? Le shock.

Yeah, also gonna say that going back to a ccg (with dice) model vs lcg completely turns me off, and this almost feels like a betrayal of everything ffg holds dear! They're the LCG company, who were said to destroy randomized boosters, not join them! Bring balance to the gaming world, not leave it in (randomized) darkness!

Cheesy overused quotes aside, I don't think this one's gonna be for me...

The creation of the LCG was just as much a business decision as a philosophical decision.

I keep hoping against hope that they will do something, anything with the Star Wars license that is a full co-op. I really thought it would just be a matter of time since they developed and were this close to releasing a full co-op LCG, Instead we get another competitive two player game AND its collectible? Hard pass for me.

I wonder how this will sit with those heavily invested in the current LCG. I stopped playing that after the first cycle because I decided it was not the game for me (again, really wanted that co-op), but it seems like this would threaten to split the base of players looking for a two-player competitive card/dice game.

Dicemasters didn't catch on much with the LCG crowd. This game costs 3x as much as Dicemasters. I don't see it being hugely popular other than with kids, it's aimed at a different market IMHO and frankly people who are into LCGs are probably going to regard it as simplistic anyway.

Dicemasters didn't catch on much with the LCG crowd. This game costs 3x as much as Dicemasters. I don't see it being hugely popular other than with kids, it's aimed at a different market IMHO and frankly people who are into LCGs are probably going to regard it as simplistic anyway.

Probably 'cuz they need all their money for Magic/yugioh ;)

But I agree wisth you those big bright red/yellow:blue dice make it look like it's a kids game, like something Milton Bradley would put out in the

This is going to be a dud. The design and artwork just looks bad. And FFG already has like 10 star wars themed games. Come up with something original!

Pass.

Blind Buy? Fail. Bad art? Fail. Gimmicky big box store audience? Fail.

Dicemaster fan here, so I see what FFG was going for, but this looks like a lesser version of Dicemaster. The artwork is ok and I can even handle the blind pack nature, but stickered dice never ever belong in a gamer-level game.

It really makes me wonder if they had to use a stickered dice look to avoid some type of copyright WizKids has on their Dicemaster model.

Stickered Dice are just the next level of Collectibility yo.

Everyone loves Item Durability in MMO/RPGs right?

Edited by IsawaChuckles

So they can sell foil replacement stickers?

That's evil. ;) actually they don't even need to be "replacement" stickers, just have random packs with foil stickerd/al art dice.

Dicemaster fan here, so I see what FFG was going for, but this looks like a lesser version of Dicemaster. The artwork is ok and I can even handle the blind pack nature, but stickered dice never ever belong in a gamer-level game.

It really makes me wonder if they had to use a stickered dice look to avoid some type of copyright WizKids has on their Dicemaster model.

Try reading the article maybe.

Unlike many games, the dice in Star Wars : Destiny do not use stickers. Instead, the dice are plastic-injected like normal dice and rolled in a tumbler to add a fine, smooth polish to every die. The images on each side are then physically heat-pressed onto the dice, essentially printing the artwork directly onto the plastic. Finally, the die is covered in a scratch-resistant coating, allowing you to roll these dice without their quality deteriorating.