Beginner Questions

By Seam, in Android: Netrunner Rules Questions

Hello!

A friend and I just started with the core set. I assume we played it right, but I just want to be sure, so here come my questions:

1. The runner accesses R&D, HQ or ???. He can access card(s) now. If he wants he can trash installed card(s) if he pays the cost, assuming the installed card(s) can be trashed, right?. But what about the cards he drew from me Hand/Deck? Can he also trash those card(s), again assuming those cards have a trash cost and his credit pool allows it? In other words, if he only accesses card(s) from my hand or deck which don't have a trash cost he only gets the benefit of knowing which cards are in my deck/hand?

Lastly if he accesses any Agenda card(s), can he steal those cards and score them?

2. The runner makes a run. The used program reads: Pay one credit to add 1 strength to your program (or somesuch). Does that mean the runner can strengthen said program as much as he wants (and his credit pool allows), or just by 1? We played it that way, that the program can be strengthend as his credit pool allows.

3. The runner makes a run. He strenthens the used program with two credits to meet the strength requirement of the ice. He overcomes the ice and encounters the next ice. This ice is stronger by two then the ice before and of the same kind. Thus the runner uses the same program. Does the program still have the +2 strength from the encounter before, or did the program lose all benefits from that encounter, and he must pay +4 credits in total to meet the strenth requirement of the new ice? We played it that way that the program keeps the added strength. I, as the corp, made the mistake to install ice of the same in one server, but I am still learning the game.

With all that said, we get the impression that the corp is always at a disadvantage, as he can't strengthen his ice, the runner usually can strenghten his programs as he wishes, and the runner usually has a healthy economy which allows him to do just that.

Thanks for any help!

1) Correct. Any upgrades which are installed in the server which is being run on (I assume this is what you meant anyway but your post wan't clear) can be trashed on access, as can any uninstalled card with a trash cost. Don't underestimate the power of information gleaned from just seeing cards in the Corp's R&D or HQ either! Knowledge is power. Accessed Agendas are always stolen unless they have additional restrictions or costs (such as Red Herrings being in play). You cannot choose NOT to steal an Agenda unless it has an additional cost and you choose to decline to pay (even if stealing it will result in a flatline, such as against Jinteki: Personal Evolution).

2) Correct again. Unless otherwise stated, the strength resets after each piece of ICE though.

3) See above. Some programs specify that they keep their strength for the remainder of the run (the Shaper breakers in the Core Set all do this for example).

Keep in mind that although ICE strength is indeed static, the Corp (usually) only has to rez it once - the runner has to break it every time.

Thank you very much!