Kairi draws 3 cards?

By RoxaSoraX, in Rules Discussions

If this was already answered i apoligize for double post.

Selphie and Kairi.

Do they as a team draw 3 cards.
Or do i just draw 2 instead of doing kairi full effect.

The way i read it is, instead of discarding for Kairi effect draw 2 cards then guess the top card. If im right draw it so the draw count goes to 3.

Thanks =)

Okay, here's how it goes:

Draw 2 cards - name the top card of your deck - flip top card - if top card is card named, draw into hand. If not, discard

why isnt this abused its a 3 card draw!

Because you draw up to 6 every turn anyway?

Keeping friends out is hard enough, but keeping a specific two out for more then a turn or two is a bit harder (at least in what was my meta) Basicly, people didn't want to devote a minimum 3 cards of their deck for a chance at drawing ANOTHER three cards

But of course, being the Kairi fanboy I am, I made sure to incorperate these cards into my main Light dekc

Trothael said:

Because you draw up to 6 every turn anyway?

But after reading the wishing lamp (almost inf draw deck) you would think people would want to use continous draws. Kairi and selphie can help build that kind of deck. I think keeping them is easy. Yeah your bound to lose them but in the deck i run it uses 2 of each plus. i see them as potential rather than a waste. and sometimes you dont discard all 6 cards or use all 6 cards. Besides i look at this as an army builder. Their stats are lame but its a small prce to pay for such a good combo. A free draw is great no matter how you look at it. (Unless theres an effect take -1HP for every card you draw outside of the draw phase).

But heres another question.
If i deck out and reshuffle my discard pile to continue drawing. Does Captain Pete effect kick in and I lose 1?

Yes, his effect kicks in

ouch well he hurts the deck alot. but theres ways around him.

RoxaSoraX said:

ouch well he hurts the deck alot. but theres ways around him.

Yes, it's called Barbossa (dun dun dun) 3 times

my deck doesnt fear barbosa XD EVER.
I have a way around him. always have a way around that evil man. gui%C3%B1o.gif

He means a Dark Deck running Barbossa as a friend card.

Other than Set 3 Kairi how do you not fear it?

3 Barbossa's in the friend area + 1 Panic or any reshuffle = -3HP

but my chances of drawing into cura and curaga are better

one curaga nulls barbosa. and seeing as i hit 2 curas more often i gain 1 after that loss so no i dont fear barbosa.

RoxaSoraX said:

but my chances of drawing into cura and curaga are better

one curaga nulls barbosa. and seeing as i hit 2 curas more often i gain 1 after that loss so no i dont fear barbosa.

How do you stop A Wizard in their friend area? It negates all Magic....making this tactic worthless....but that's not as reliable as a Phil, which brings me to a main point.

The fact that while you may be able to play those Magic cards against me, you're never going to get them off against any other respectable deck because 99.9% of them SHOULD be running Phil, making a good chunk of your deck dead draws. There's a reason no one runs Magic Cards in their decks anymore.

oh crap wizard i forgot about him! I just thought of him as no effect but ah good point. still kairi selphie combo is nice.