Second preview

By kraisto, in Mansions of Madness

Is that a Star-Spawn of Cthulhu I see?!?!

Is that a Star-Spawn of Cthulhu I see?!?!

Whatever it is it' crappy looking. Hope it's not final

Nooooo... a star spawn. We are screwed

Yep, we're screwed ... because it's a star spawn not because the mini looks like crap (I personally like it).

Now we got a star spawn I hope we'll get one scenario that involves Cthulhu...

I already got my mini for it:

horrorclix_cthulhu.jpg

Now we got a star spawn I hope we'll get one scenario that involves Cthulhu...

I already got my mini for it:

horrorclix_cthulhu.jpg

Daaamn you!! You got your hands on the Horrorclix Cthulhu

When this was released I was into Heroclix bigtime but had limited funds and hadnt stepped into the mythos yet. Since then I have tailed off Heroclix (didnt like the takeover, too many card-powers, too much price hike and too many new set releases) and yet got into Mythos and oooooh would I like one of the Cthulhu Horrorclixes.

Jealous :)

Edit: Oh I spy a 40K figure too. Thats it, give me all your stuff!

Edited by alexbobspoons

Not my pic, but I actually do own a Horrorclix cthulhu! Yeah those babies are hard to come by. I think you could only get them at a convention, or your LGS had to order enough 'clix and wizkids would alocate them one, and then you had to hope the shopkeeper didn't just keep it for himself.

Fun story about how I got mine: It's St. Patricks day, several years ago: Our LGS had one copy priced at 80 euros, and I was not sure if I was gonna spend that much money on it. So I went to the pub with a few mates, after about an hour I go: "screw it, I gotta have this thing!" went back to the store, bought it. Then went back to the Irish pub with the box under my arm, spent the rest of the evening/night drinking and somehow got this bad boy home. (Where for the first time I threw up due to drinking to much, or Cthulhu's eldrith aura :) )

Ps: I also got most of the Unique figures (Widow Octavia, Pod mother, etc...) and no you are not getting those! ;)

Sigh, I mis horrorclix, such a fun game.

Edited by Robin Graves

Robin,

that Cthulhu thing doesn't look like a mini ...

Robin,

Well it's a mini relative to a 1:1 cthulhu figure.

Robin,

It is though :) its the "colossal" size in the heroclix/horrorclix game. Most of its minis are standard 25mm scale but these occasional colossals are about one-foot tall, maybe slightly more, but kinda in-scale.

I have Galactus, Fin-Fang-Foom and Spectre, all huge but in-scale :)

Robin,

It is though :) its the "colossal" size in the heroclix/horrorclix game. Most of its minis are standard 25mm scale but these occasional colossals are about one-foot tall, maybe slightly more, but kinda in-scale.

Isn't there also a Dr. Manhattan? That Sinstro with giant yellow-light construct was also amazing!

Robin,

Yeah that thing is quite massive. I think it's the biggest game piece I own.

And also why I felt ok spending 80 euros on it: It's cthulhu. In scale.

Robin,

Isn't there also a Dr. Manhattan? That Sinstro with giant yellow-light construct was also amazing!

The Sinestro I have was only a "big" figure at about 6inch but is pretty cool, though in that size my phoenix is better, i never got the coolest which was Apocalypse, they did lots of "big" figures. AntiMonitor, Thors Chariot, Starro etc

Yes Dr Manhatten was also in colossal size though Id stopped collecting by then.

The first colossal was Galactus and people couldnt quite believe how big it was. I remember ebay pretty much melting under the bids :)