Will all expansions BE useable in Second Edition

By yobtar, in Mansions of Madness

I was wondering if anyone knows if all the 1st ed expansions will all work with the new 2e? I own every expansion and don't want to have to re-buy them all. I am ok with re-buying the new base game to get going on 2e but if all my expansions don't work that would kinda suck and turn me off from investing again in the game.

Things from 1st edition working with 2nd: investigators, monsters, tiles (as stated in the 1st preview we had yesterday). This means that items, combat decks and so on from 1st edition won't be used in 2nd edition. And this also means that you can play 1st edition as long as you wish, or get 2nd edition and play 2nd edition with some elements from the 1st edition.

Edited by Julia

Glad the all the minis work it just kinda sucks if all the map tiles and stuff don't work in second edition. Would be cool to have lots of extra options.

Edited by yobtar

You can use the tiles, check the FAQ at the bottom of the news article.

What I wonder though, I've never played the game and I'm interested, but do I go buy all the first edition stuff, or will that be a waste if they might re-release everything as second edition expansions... Do I wait and see what happens, would they reprint first edition content or will that go off the market now?

Things from 1st edition working with 2nd: investigators, monsters, allies (as stated in the 1st preview we had yesterday)

Allies? I can't find it in the preview. Could you provide a quote?

Things from 1st edition working with 2nd: investigators, monsters, allies (as stated in the 1st preview we had yesterday)

Allies? I can't find it in the preview. Could you provide a quote?

Sorry, tablet's autocorrect. Should have been TILES. Gonna fix my previous post

What I wonder though, I've never played the game and I'm interested, but do I go buy all the first edition stuff, or will that be a waste if they might re-release everything as second edition expansions

If MoM2.0 is successful than they will most propably gradually reprint the 1.0 investigators and monsters. This is the case for Descent2.0.

At the end of this blog post you'll see some comparisons between heroes/monsters from the conversion kit and those later reprinted.

In a reprint the statistics remain the the same as they were in the conversion kit (most of the time) but we get a new card art and new miniature corresponding with that new art.

Edited by tsuma534