Welcome to the Mansions of Madness Second Edition Forums

By FFGElena, in Mansions of Madness

Welcome to the community forums for Mansions of Madness Second Edition!

This is your place to discuss the adventures you take through Arkham, the terrifying monsters you encounter, and your near-misses with death and insanity. Which scenarios do you love to play over and over, and which monsters are you most afraid to run into? Share your most entertaining, unique, and horrifying experiences within the game…just be clear and respectful to your fellow investigators of all ages and backgrounds!

Return to the Mansion… The monsters are waiting for you.

Will there be a conversion kit separated from the second edition?

I think it will be included in the box based on the article FAQ

Well I was going to be very afraid of running into a dark young... or a Dunwich Horror. But now my dreams are scattered as I only needed the Call of the wild Expansion of the 1E of Mansions of Madness. Is there no way of trying to get one? I've been everywhere and there is none to buy :(

Yes, wait for the reprints. Nowhere was said that 1st edition products will be discontinued. We have 2 previews left to explore, and the Q&A time at GenCon, I'm confident the situation will be clarified

whats the content of 2nd edition?

First hello from a newbie here. I was just wondering with the 2nd edition coming out this week will all the previous expansions and the like be updated as well and beinging repackaged for this 2nd edition? Thanking you advance.

That is the main question that I want to ask FFG: when we will able to buy The 2nd Edishion at least? It constantly out of stock!!!

I have two main questions...

1. I am on your site and it shows a Core Box for $99, and then it mentions a 2nd Edition Conversion Kit needed before you buy the Figure and Tile Collections... what is the difference between those with content and cost?
  2. When will it be in-stock on your site? It continually shows "Out of Stock" and I have been checking every day, multiple times a day.

Thank you and I can't wait to get this and begin playing it.

I have the first edition so how do I get the conversion kit without buying the second edition?

I have the first edition so how do I get the conversion kit without buying the second edition?

Sorry, not so sure I follow... you wanna have the conversion kit from 1st edition to 2nd edition but are not interested in 2nd edition? Why getting the kit then? You won't be able to play any of the 2nd edition scenarios without having 2nd edition

(and conversion kit is sold withing 2nd edition core, so, no way to get it without getting the game, unless you buy it on-line from someone selling individual components for 2nd edition)

The purpose of the conversion kit is to allow you to incorporate your first edition components (tiles, monsters, and investigators) into the second edition app-based scenarios. However, the app-based scenarios can only be played with the second edition game (due to an overhaul of mechanics and required cards); the first edition components only enhance the variation, rather than replace the core game components required for second edition scenarios.

Unfortunately, this means that the second edition content, is not playable using only the first edition.

Hope this helps.

Hello everyone, fantastic game. I had questions to ask.

1. if one meets the condition of his crazy card and wins, for he finishes the game or continue to play while helping others?

2. you can have two or more cards concentrated?

This game seems to be in low supply. Will you be producing more stock? Appears retail price was originally $85, which I would pay to try this out, but going rate more like $140+ which I would not pay.

Edited by LordPyrex
missing quote
21 hours ago, jrichview said:

This game seems to be in low supply. Will you be producing more stock? Appears retail price was originally $85, which I would pay to try this out, but going rate more like $140+ which I would not pay.

Of all places you can try checking at Barnes and Nobles. I know that you can use their site to track down one in a local store. MSRP is $99, just like on FFG's store. So you won't have to worry about the Amazon/Ebay upcharge.

(Going to ask this here as well as in the expansion section. Sorry if this is bad form)

Are all the expansions from 1st ed usable in to 2ed? I have 4-5 of the “card expansions” but they are not in the option screen for adding them to MoM2. Am I missing something?

thanks,

Bill

10 hours ago, Gryffen88 said:

(Going to ask this here as well as in the expansion section. Sorry if this is bad form)

Are all the expansions from 1st ed usable in to 2ed? I have 4-5 of the “card expansions” but they are not in the option screen for adding them to MoM2. Am I missing something?

thanks,

Bill

Unfortunately, no. The Print on Demand packs do not get mixed into the 2nd ed. game. The scenarios for 2nd ed are new to the game, some of them are even spiritual sequels to some from 1st ed. While some of the big box components can be added such as investigators and map tiles, everything else is for the most part replaced. Hopefully this helps some. As far as double posting, we can all see where the new posts are at. 😅