Various rules questions!

By TheWorldSmith, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

So having just finished off with our second DH2 session that I'm GMing, we had two definitively-unanswered questions at the end of it that I'd rather clarify than having to roll with my judgement at the time:

AoE damage, such as that from explosions from prometheum tanks, can you use the Dodge action with them? Or should Acrobatics, or another skill/talent be used that's more appropriate?

Standard Attacks, they're a half action, can two Standard Attacks be made in a row and within the same turn?

Thanks in advance!

For AoE damage, if it's in Narrative Time you could certainly make an argument to your GM for Acrobatics, however in Dramatic Time you can only Dodge out of the blast radius of something if the edge of the blast is no further away than your Agility bonus in metres.

No, you can only make one Standard Attack per turn, as you can only take one Action with the Attack sub-type and one Action with the Concentration sub-type per Round.

[...] you can only take one Action with the Attack sub-type and one Action with the Concentration sub-type per Round.

Minor correction: It's per TURN, since you can still use an attack or concentration Reaction in the same Round while it's not your Turn.

^ Quite right!

On one hand it should be noted that if your the poor sap that's wearing the prometheum tanks you should get no roll to dodge as its stuck to your back....though some may disagree.

On one hand it should be noted that if your the poor sap that's wearing the prometheum tanks you should get no roll to dodge as its stuck to your back....though some may disagree.

Erm... Well... I'd call that a Dodge test with a -20/-30 modifier in order to drop the tanks and then move away. Right? :)

you should keep in mind that your movement must be sufficient to get you out of the blast radius or else you cant dodge. so a penalty isnt necessary.