In Doran's Name and Tyron Lannister

By LudoBrabo, in Rules Questions

Hi

I am just starting to play and have 2 questions:

The card "In Doran's name" says that you have to kneel your faction card. What is the result of that kneeling??? Is it so that you can use the Doran's card only once in a game?

On the card "Tyron Lannister" I read that when initiating a type of challenge you gain 2 gold ( is a Reaction). When using that should I kneel the card? Or can I use the reaction when the card is on the table (without kneeling)?

cheers

Ludo

Edited by LudoBrabo

1) Yes. Faction card kneeling is used to allow for interesting/powerful effects while limiting their frequency.

2) Precluding an effect that prevents him from using his ability (Winterfell, Catelyn Stark), you may use his Reaction at the appropriate trigger whether he is kneeling or standing; he does not have to kneel for this ability, so you would not kneel the card. Abilities that require you to kneel a card will instruct you to do so when initiating those abilities.

Thanks for the fast and clear answer !!

cheers

Is it so that you can use the Doran's card only once in a game?

Note that your faction card will stand along with all your other kneeling cards in the the standing phase, so the limit is not "once in a game." It is "once in a round" (unless some other effect allows you to stand it early).

Thanks for the fast and clear answer !!

cheers