Eratta righteous fury and accurate weapons.

By Professor Tanhauser, in Deathwatch Rules Questions

OK, using eratta righteous fury plus a weapon with accuracy question. Accurate weapons can give you a +d10 damage per 2 DoS, maximum +2d10 on an aimed single shot.

So let's say you score a hit with an aaccurate weapon on a single shot. You get a really good hit and do like 3d10, an one die comes up a 10 . Now if you roll a second identical attack and make a success with several DoS do they add damage dice or does it Maxout at just 1d10 under the eratta version of righteous fury?

I don't know. I mean I approve of the big nerf RF got in tthe eratta, it was too powerful. Still, in this case you're limited to an accurate weapon firing a single, aimed shot. I know RF was nerfed to keep bolters from one shoting hive tyrants too often , but it is 40k, and the image of the mmarine calmly aiming his accurate bolter at a hive tyrant charging, firing a single shot and ending up doing 6d10+9(hit for 1d10+9, 2d10 for 4 DoS , 1d10 for basic RF plus another 2d10 for 4 DoS on the second hit roll.)

Huge target ,close range, bonus for accurate weapon to BS, aim bonus... It's not impossible some guy might roll 2 cconsecutive hits with 4 DoS.

Or would he Max at 4d10+9 regardless of his DoS on the second roll?

So, my brothers, what sayeth ye? I'm leaning towards letting him add d10s for DoS on the RF attack roll given the limited conditions this could happen under. OK, so maybe a bolt pistol one shots a hive tyrant under these conditions, it would sure as hell be rare, and if a player manages to do it he deserves to become a legend. (I'd still check his dice if this happened tho.)

Only the original die from sniper rifle can trigger righteous fury, and if you trigger it, you roll only one additional die regardless of how many die, the weapon deals, and qualities (tearing, flesh render don't count).

And no matter what happens to setup the RF, you only roll one bonus d10.

If that bonus die rolls a 10, then you may have a chance to roll another D10.

But to reiterate, if you roll a yahtzee on that lascannon's 5d10, you still only roll one d10 for RF.