Can you use the dog from the toolkit for the hounds the Adventure?

By Blustar, in WFRP Gamemasters

I noticed it said to use theTilean hounds narratively but isn't there a dog in the Adventures Toolkit? I don't have it yet but maybe we could use the same stats? (An Eye for an Eye Adventure)

Anybody stat out the hounds?

Can you search just one forum or can you only search all the forums with the search function?

thanks

The Small but Vicious Dog has it's own mechanics that make it work totally different from monsters or most npcs. You could use the obdience track but you need the "tricks" to do anything important. It would be better to stat them out.

For the hounds in my game I already know they will kill off 2 henchman besties before being ran off or killed. I've just decided that ahead of time so I'm not making rolls and taking focus away from the PCs.

I used the hounds for dramatic effect. Both groups enjoyed the image of these beasts fearlessly tearing across the grounds and smashing into the mass of beastmen. This is especially true for the second group in which a Gray Wizard was running for her life across the grounds trying to make the guard house. The beastmen were closing in, and she could almost feel their breath on the back of her neck when the hounds came bounding through the overgrown garden, leaped past her, and bowled over the first rank of beastmen.

No one seemed to mind the lack of die rolling during this part of the battle. IF you want to use some stats though, I'd go with the wild boar stats and make some modifications from there.