Been a long time

By Ma22a, in Star Wars: Armada Painting and Modification

Hi all,

So I recently bought a load of Citadel paints and well it's been 15 years since I painted any models. So imagine my surprise to see how the paint range has changed. Base,layer, edge,glaze etc etc.

I'm after a few pointers please on best ways to use the paints to achieve good results.

Here's one I've done this afternoon. Any feedback on how to improve would be great thank you.

vMHAmBTg.jpg

Q8Tczdrg.jpg

AKcQ8HYg.jpg

PS if someone could tell me how I upload pictures to my content etc I would be greatful. :)

Edited by Ma22a

Click on your link above.

Then Right link and 'Copy Link Address'

Then post that address in the topic surrounded by [ img ] and [ /img ] tags... (no spaces of course)

Content tracks your posts...

You do have a small allocation of space for directly uploaded pictures... But its tiny, and fills up, and is universal to the forums, rather than per-post... You get those links when you "Use Full Editor" on created posts.

Edited by Drasnighta

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

that's what i get when i click on the image icon and post as you suggested............

vMHAmBT.jpg

You have to make sure you capture the whole link to the image - which will end the .jpg

There shouldn't be anything beyond that.

Can't be the link the imgur page , it has to be the link to the image itself.

Edited by Drasnighta

Ah yes i see now, thank you very much Dras

Well done! :)

Well done! :)

thanks

Does anyone know the best way to use these Citadel paints? I assume its base first then layer, shade, but are glaze paints a last touch of do people tend to put them on early ???

Base - Super High pigment Density. Used for putting on a base coat, or at least completely covering the colour underneath.

Layer - Lighter Pigment Density, slightly more transparent - good for going on a Base coat to provide actual colour, or as a highlight.

Shade - Pre-mixed Washes to provide Shading and Depth.

Glaze - Tinted pigment. Designed to even out colours across a plane. Really, only use it if you try to put a highlight on, and the highlight is too stark compared to the basecoat, as it adds the same colour to each. Because it is super-transparent, compared to paints, you can also use it to do some basic Object-Source-Lighting Glows.