Destroyer squad Armour and weapons

By htsmithium, in Deathwatch

So I had an idea the other day about weather or not the deathwatch would have access to the weapons of the ancient destroyer squads. While rad grenades / missiles and atomizer are available, and still seem to be held in disdain when used against humans. I was wondering if , somewhere in the back of the armory perhaps, There might still be some of the more potent weapons? phosphex being a prime example.

This lead to the thought, what if the omega vault turned up a set of destroyer armor and weapons that have seen obvious use? how would different marines react to that, and would any choose to don it despite the stigma?

and the last thought was about potentially making a destroyer elite advance for devastator marines, maybe for those who see that even heavy weapons are not enough, and decide to bring the most lethal of man-portable weapons to bear, despite the physical cost, long term fallout, and ancient stigmas against the use of such weapons.

Granted I have not given the last too much thought yet, but could defiantly see negative cohesion penalties. When you have flame based weapons that even the Salamanders find abhorrent, you know they are some bad stuff.

um, I'm fairly well versed in forbidden lore(wh40k) but don'tget the ddestroyersquad reff. We're these like ancient heavy duty devastator squads who's weapons and armor can no longer be made?

yeah, OK i looked it up. http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Legion_Destroyer_Squad

Wow, in the modern imperium they pull exterminatus on a planet because somebody let a fart an inquisitor thought smelled like genestealer taint, but they deplore the use of these weapons? Also if power armor wasn't enough to protect the users why not use terminator armor?

I bet the imperium wishes it still had these weapons, they'd make a sweet little 'fornicate you!'' to the tyranids. Imagine planting phosphex bombs inside a hive ship.

Heh heh. I looked up that link and saw the term 'volkite' being used. That term came from an old republic seriel called ''undersea kingdom'' to describe walking water heater robots....

Again the iimperium could use these against the nid threat, they sound like great bug busters.

Edited by Professor Tanhauser

Volkite weapons were phased out for the earth bolter. No clue why though. The ones the mechanicus still use are horrifying.

Str6 ap5 3 shots, for every model hurt by the first shots it wounds another model? YES PLEASE!

Everything busts bugs so easily now though, they don't need better. Hell, the Eldar now walk around with titan killer flamethrowers on entire squads. Bolter? Who needs that?

Aren't the ''balefire'' weapons in rites of battle very similar to destroyer phosphex guns?

And don't forget the atomizer weapons from RoB either, the super melts guns that fire 'irradiated particles' that seem to act like destroyer weapons are described.

Also many chapters refuse to use them, claiming moral or honor reasons. If they are old destroyer weapons then the real reasons are the side effects they have on the users. ('Moral' and 'honor' reasons my ass! Coming from people who drop geocidal weapons on planets at the slightest provocation...)

Edited by Professor Tanhauser

Volkite weapons were phased out for the earth bolter. No clue why though. The ones the mechanicus still use are horrifying.

Str6 ap5 3 shots, for every model hurt by the first shots it wounds another model? YES PLEASE!

Everything busts bugs so easily now though, they don't need better. Hell, the Eldar now walk around with titan killer flamethrowers on entire squads. Bolter? Who needs that?

I wonder how volkite weapons would be started in DW. I.managed to do want I thought was a fair approximation of a tau plasma blaster but am not sure if the stats for these..

You know, if the imperium could just stop losing it's tech and weapons it'd be a lot better off...