About the OTO - House Greyjoy: The Iron Fleet

By coffee6, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (1st Edition)

Hi everybody.

I have a question about the OTO: The Iron Fleet.

If I put this OTO on the land, can I raid the orders which on the sea?

Thanks in advance.

You are not allowed. It is not said speciffically for that order, ACoK rulebook states that:

Although each One-Time order represents a new order, it is also identified (on its top left hand corner) with one of the familiar order icons.

This denotes the rules of activation and vulnerability of the One-Time orders.

Although the order itself is not phrased well, so a person can argue that the order text itself overrules the general rule of not allowing land orders to raid sea areas.

Hi all,

Here's another Iron Fleet Question: If one or both of the orders that the Greyjoy Player removes using "The Iron Fleet" have Crown symbols, is Greyjoy considered to be pillaging because of "The Iron Fleet's" affiliation with regular Raid orders?

CCD

Kouteki said:

You are not allowed. It is not said speciffically for that order, ACoK rulebook states that:

Although each One-Time order represents a new order, it is also identified (on its top left hand corner) with one of the familiar order icons.

This denotes the rules of activation and vulnerability of the One-Time orders.

Although the order itself is not phrased well, so a person can argue that the order text itself overrules the general rule of not allowing land orders to raid sea areas.

That's always the way we've played it- it gets treated as a normal raid order for purposes of land/sea interactions and gaining power from pillaging.

-Will

I disagree with some of the comments on how the Iron Fleet is used. I do agree with this statement:

"Although each One-Time order represents a new order, it is also identified (on its top left hand corner) with one of the familiar order icons.

This denotes the rules of activation and vulnerability of the One-Time orders."

So because the Iron Fleet has a "raid icon" on it, that means it is vulnerable and activated as a RAID token. To me that means it is activated during the RAID phase and can be removed by another players RAID token. It does not mean that removing the two adjacent orders need to follow the rules of raiding. If you look at the other One-Time-Orders that have the raid icon on it, you resolve the token by reading the power of the token that appears on the back of the rules. I would argue you do the same with the IRON FLEET order just as you would with the other tokens. The IRON FLEET wording uses the word remove instead of the word RAID. Therefore, I would argue that a land space with the IRON FLEET One-Time-Order can remove orders from an adjacent sea space.

Nanich