Hot-shot lasgun

By BurnMaster, in Only War Rules Questions

Hello mates, i have a question about Hot-shot lasgun. Probably this question were already answered somewhere, but i couldnt find it. There are still not precisely answers in the net about my problem so i need only simple answer - Yes or No.

Is this gun can use special designed for them charge pack instead of 10kg bakpack (40 ammo?)

On the warhammer 40k wikia - http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Storm_Troopers on wargear section its writed that every storm trooper can hold 4 charge packs for hot shot lasgun. Dont know if this is in the codex or someone made a mistake about it. If this is true, than how much this charge pack can hold ammo clip?

I'm going to assume that your question is

"Can hot-shot lasguns use some sort of charge pack, rather than the 10kg backpack mentioned in their description?"

If so, the RAW answer is No .
They can only use the bigger backpack which can be applied to almost any weapon.

I have no idea where the info in the wikia comes from, due to them not providing citations, only a list of books. Remember, though, that Warhammer Canon is a contradictory thing, and includes both Hot-Shot Lasguns and Hellguns as the same thing and not the same thing, and being powered by charge packs and backpacks.

If you want, give them smaller, easier to swap charge packs, but either reduce their power or their ammo capacity as a trade-off.

Hellguns/Hot-shot lasguns can use ordinary charge pack in Dark Heresy. I think it's how this contradiction arose.

Yeah, that was in the Inquisitor's Handbook. You could substitute a standard chargepack for the backpack, but it significantly reduced its ammunition: using 4 charges for every single shot, so 10 instead of 40.

Makes sense, really, given how electric power is electric power regardless of the storage medium. As long as you have compatibility in connectors and similar transmission capacity, it's like hooking up a cheap car battery to an electric vehicle ... sure, you get some juice out of it, but it won't get you nearly as far in terms of miles.

Dont know if this is in the codex or someone made a mistake about it.

As far as I'm aware, GW studio Storm Troopers always carried backpacks, but as Myrion pointed out, there isn't really such a thing as a 100% universal canon for 40k, so it's likely the wiki article references some novel where the author handled it differently.

In general, I would always advise caution when browsing these wikis -- they can be an excellent resource to get ideas or (if properly sourced) find out which book has the information you seek. But ultimately, 40k background is intentionally contradictory the more you go into detail, which means that the vast amount of wiki articles are "tainted" by editor interpretation in terms of preferred sources or attempts at resolving contradictions. I recall some pages in the Lexicanum that even contradicted themselves, just because you had multiple editors referencing different sources for different sections on the same article.

As far as I'm aware, GW studio Storm Troopers always carried backpacks, but as Myrion pointed out, there isn't really such a thing as a 100% universal canon for 40k, so it's likely the wiki article references some novel where the author handled it differently.

Yep, they originally looked like this:

old+stormtroopers+gw.jpg

Note the lack of carapace armour. I guess their berets were extra-super-protective...

Note the lack of carapace armour. I guess their berets were extra-super-protective...

This is 40k; we all know that hats > helmets. ;)