Military Academy

By Hemux, in Kingsburg

I'm sorry if this has been discussed somewhere before (I doubt it, the forum is quite short here), but, you will agree with me that the Military Academy is definitely useless if you use the Soldiers Tokens of the expansion ? Or was there any change to this building provided by our two italian great designers or by some FAQ ? All my players friends never use that row anymore since they realized that problem (and we ALWAYS use the soldiers tokens, that is).

Guess I could answer to myself, saying that you still can throw your die and compare it to the soldier token you decided to play this winter... if that is what the rules imply. But then, if that's it, it was not that easy to guess :l

I'm getting Kingburg for Christmas after reviewing comments on Board Game Geek and reading a very detailed, positive review on DownTime Town (rather obscure game reviewer in U.K.). Hopefully, the forums will be more active and my inevitable rules questions will get answered. I'll make a mental note about the military academy... gui%C3%B1o.gif

Cheers man ;) I'll stick with my idea about this building for now (your die against your own soldier token).

Careful, though : better hide that game from your casual-gaming-close-relatives' eyes, like you wife or so ; because kingsburg is so great they'll only want to play that game and nothing else after that ! I mean it. My woman spends a lot of time on kingsburg java version to developp her strategies and never allow me a chance to beat her :D

Page 6, column 2 of the rules: roll 1d3 for the Military Academy (after choosing a token). Then compare it to your token. if you don't have a three-sided dice, the roll an ordinary dice: 1 or 2 = 1; 3 or 4 = 2; 5 or 6 = 3.

If you want more clarifications look at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/46123

Happy gaming,

John

Cool, thanks a lot, John, hadn't checked bgg.

It should of actually be in the rule book for the expansion. It's easy to overlook, just make sure you look at all the questions and errata and you should be good to go on everything.