New TimeScape Boards

By caeaston, in Talisman Home Brews

I've been tinkering with updating an older board (Azoic...fantastic work, your the best) but at the same time working on a different design (using Adobe Illustrator CC).

The images here are smaller but when I've got them printed and posted on backing board they should look fantastic. Yes I will submit them (high rez copies) for mass consumption. Stand by.

Here is a preview; the boards are 15 x 11 inches.

!!WARNING!! The file is LARGE, so be patient.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AH4d-xvfqJj4qyk

The blank planets are draw a card spaces from a planet deck. They don't change once drawn so the board changes from game to game (with the exception of the War World, Death World, Pirate Base and Apocalypse Worlds).

Some examples of the cards (Fancy cards are being produced).

Uncharted World , Draw 1 Card

Desert World, Draw 1 Card - Also lose 1 Life if you don't have a water bottle.

Black Hole, Move back to the space you came from.

ect...

Edited by caeaston

Looks like this kind of board could benefit greatly from a dedicated terrain deck, with new rules how to place and replace them.

That's the idea. I'm crafting a dedicated Timescape planets deck. Rules are simple, when you land on a planet (you have rolled a die and move along one of the three lines) you draw a planet (1.5 " round tokens) and place that on the board. The token says what is here like "Uncharted World, Draw 1 Card". The draw 1 card is drawing a regular Timescape card. So unless you have a Timescape card (which I have two) that clears the map or moves planets around, it stays that way for the game. Drawing a planet each time would defeat the purpose of pathing, and you might as well just have a strait line of "draw a card".

So why path? Say you place a planet "Black Hole" that effectively blocks that path (say all roles of 1-2) from your current location. Player may want to use their fate to re-roll their movement, or they have an item that adds 1 to their move, or they can choose their path with a follower or whatever, they could navigate the paths more than just randomly.

I've got twenty round tokens so far (1.5" circles) with blank planet image on one side, and the planet type and effect on the other side. Mix them up, stack them and draw or dish them out in during game setup, I'm not that prescriptive. Just place right over top of the image on the map. That way you build the map as you go.

Its designed to allow for others to produce their own Timescape cards, planets and effects while having a semi generic map with only a small number of fixed locations.

Even the Apocalypse World (I have 20, 2" round tokens). Worlds like, Robot Apocalypse, Zombie Apocalypse, Vampire Apocalypse, Demon Apocalypse, Planetary Apocalypse, Frozen Apocalypse...you know there are a lot of ways to wipe out everything!

I'm debating switching the counters over to traditional terrain like cards (so people can build their own using Strange Eons) but that's four cards types for the Timescape:

- Timescape cards

- Timescape purchase deck

- Timescape planet deck

-Timescape Apocalypse deck

I'll post some images on the weekend, but thoughts?

I'd love to see more!