Another custom tie

By fistfulofforce, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Decided to chop the front of the solar panels off. Went a little to close when the dremel got away did some damage to cockpit window. First time think I can get it better on the next try. Painted in overall steel and weathered with gunmetal. I know she isn't perfect but the real things never are. Also need to work on my sanding the removed area. Also cut the strut a little to close to the collector on the port side. Hope you enjoy.

Corey

30C15571-1AE9-4BCA-9CD3-E261C0540F06.jpg

7F1EA9F9-047D-4EC2-BC6E-C5A4DB7F810E.jpg

5D5BEA4E-EF2D-4206-88DC-BDCA21FE9B76.jpg

13D23B4F-6635-417F-A816-3CC12DAF0470.jpg

I wanted to do that since this on Rebels.

Interesting design change. Did you think about adding some cannons on the panels similar to a TIE Interceptor?

The design was based on the mining guild version but then I thought what about other allies to the empire who just wanted a simple fighter in a plain undistinguished scheme so steel was the obvious choice. I need to take better pics the flash was to bright hard to see the actual color.

The design was based on the mining guild version but then I thought what about other allies to the empire who just wanted a simple fighter in a plain undistinguished scheme so steel was the obvious choice. I need to take better pics the flash was to bright hard to see the actual color.

Love the idea of this for alternate TIE models AND pilots...good matchup for scum opposition - thematically, that is ;)

I've already done one Mining Guild TIE, but now tempted to try a few more as the models on their own are quite cheap, and figure that if Rebel/Scum Z95 dials can be interchanged, this is less of a jump.

Edited by ianmiddy