A-Wing repaint, and looking for advice please :)

By Forgotmytea, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Hi all,

I've recently defected from the Empire and started playing Rebels instead. So far I've been particularly enjoying A-Wings, and have repainted one of them in a different colour scheme:

20160624_091011.jpg

The trouble is, I'm not sure what to do with the rest of them now. I really like the green colour scheme I've done on one, and it kind of feels like they should all be the same colour as a coherent squadron. However, I do like the default red and blue, but I'm not 100% on the multi-coloured squadron:

20160627_204321.jpg

I think I'm just asking what you do with your own ships - do you repaint them all in the same colour scheme, or have different ships in different colours?

-Ben

I have seven AWings now... i"m going to do a ROY G BIV squad.

Looking good so Far.

Some People paint all of there ships in the same colour.

Others, like myself.

may take a certain number of ships. and paint them in maybe squad colours.

I have 5 Rebel ships all painted in grey, orange and white. they total 200 points.

others in a squad of 100 points.

you can do them all together, but remember if you do them all green......you might get fed up.

perhaps work in squads of different ships, X wings, A wings E wings in green....Fighters.

Y wing K wing.....Yellow,

and so on.

of all A wings green, all X wings Red.

You could have Green Squadron of 3 A wings Two X wings Y wing and a YT.

Then use another colour for a different squadron.

Lots of options for you.

You may also want to try some Citadel Ink's on your miniatures.

A fine wash will bring out the panel detail :D

All the best,

Barry.

I have seven AWings now... i"m going to do a ROY G BIV squad.

I'm only on four, though I kind of want to get two more so I can run a 6 A-Wing 100pt list.... Viable? No idea. Fun? Most definitely!

Looking good so Far.

Some People paint all of there ships in the same colour.

Others, like myself.

may take a certain number of ships. and paint them in maybe squad colours.

I have 5 Rebel ships all painted in grey, orange and white. they total 200 points.

others in a squad of 100 points.

you can do them all together, but remember if you do them all green......you might get fed up.

perhaps work in squads of different ships, X wings, A wings E wings in green....Fighters.

Y wing K wing.....Yellow,

and so on.

of all A wings green, all X wings Red.

You could have Green Squadron of 3 A wings Two X wings Y wing and a YT.

Then use another colour for a different squadron.

Lots of options for you.

You may also want to try some Citadel Ink's on your miniatures.

A fine wash will bring out the panel detail :D

All the best,

Barry.

Thanks Barry! I like the idea of doing multiple squadrons, is that the start of a slippery slope? ;) I did do a couple of green Citadel washes, though they're not that noticeable (not helped by my poor phone photography!). I'll go over it to try and get a bit more depth :)

-Ben

i have 3 awings, i just repainted the red into green because literally the only pilot i can ever make work in a list is Green Squad Pilots anyway lol. Theyre identical other than one has a single lime-green band on the nose and the other has two.

They're rebels so it's fine!

When I paint I just paint over the paint on the models. I like that it rubs off a little over time as it adds to the worn look of them

i have 3 awings, i just repainted the red into green because literally the only pilot i can ever make work in a list is Green Squad Pilots anyway lol. Theyre identical other than one has a single lime-green band on the nose and the other has two.

But green squadron had red A-Wings so they were visible against the green screen used!

You can paint the tail fins different colors or add stripes to the tails. Change the number of stripes/colors to differentiate pilots.