Navis pattern percssion mallet?

By Professor Tanhauser, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

2 questions aabout tthe navis pattern ppercussion mallet on latheworlds page 63.

Since it does e criticals and adds to damage and seems to be powered should it be considered to have a powerfield eeffect?

Is there any way a death watch techmarine could have one? it might be a cool little touch for a techmarine to.have, I could see an iron priest especially liking one.

Edited by Professor Tanhauser

Percussion Mallet don't have Power Field quality because even if it has power field, it is concentrated on the pane, and you don't parry with pane.

Storm Wardens are the only Astartes Chapter in Calixis sector, so any member of any other Chapter likely doesn't know about existence of this tool.

Edited by Jargal

I'd gathered it was standard AM gear anda techmatine may have seen them used on mMarswhen he was trained by the AM.

It is local pattern, it's probable that on Mars no one knows about it .

OK, so in calixis or the jJericho sector they call it thenavis pattern ppercussion mallet. On Mars they callit tthe Marvinius martianio iimpactus implement. Same thing different name.

I agree it can't get a power weapon bonus, good ccall on tthefield only covering the strike face

Or "E" is a typo. It's a hammer, after all - why would it have disruptor field?

It's not a typo.

BYE

On the other mechadendrite, there's more to E damage than just disruptor field.

Heat, for example. If it's intended for beating metal things into shape, including in the tool's functionality "heat to red glow or so whatever touches the forward surface" makes sense.