Campaign idea!

By baterax, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

So, one of my players is making a Starfighter Ace character, to be played in sort of a Peter Quill way.

This gave me an idea for a campaign where they look for X number of crystals with some amount of power to each one (like the infinity stones deal in the Marvel movies)

Since this is Force and Destiny, I thought these crystals could be saber crystals!

Now, I'm thinking these should be really hard to get but they should each have a different power, something better than your average adegan crystal but not too game breaking.

I need suggestions!

And then I also thought, maybe something cool happens when they gather all of them or something.

Ideas?

you could either
choose X of the "good" special crystals from the books
or
give some already upgraded versions of the "bad" ones

just make a choice about how gamebreaking you want them
give them special descriptions (shape, color & such)
and maybe add some lesser effects to balance them

Yeah I was leaning towards picking ones from the books, the stronger ones, yes.

The big question is that extra ability they'd have when put together, it's like a Voltron concept of sorts, when they are all together they can do something cool, you know?

But how to do that and make it awesome, and at the same time not game breaking, aka too powerful...

Perhaps something based on Battle Meditation? Or communication over Planetary Scale distance?

just make it a story based effect
then no matter how powerful you make it
its you and not the players in control of the big power at the end

Edited by vpoirier000

Perhaps something based on Battle Meditation? Or communication over Planetary Scale distance?

Wow, awesome. The communication thing sounds PERFECT. A powerful Jedi mentor could appear when they join the sabers. Great idea! Thanks guys.

Wow, awesome. The communication thing sounds PERFECT. A powerful Jedi mentor could appear when they join the sabers. Great idea! Thanks guys.

https://youtu.be/WtUF1nEQ_2c

;)

Ahahahahahahaha! CAPTAIN PLANET!

****, that is almost exactly... ****.

Well, to be fair, Captain Planet wasn't the first to use that shtick, either. But it's easiest (and silliest) to find a clip of. ;-)

Oh, there's plenty more. I actually got the idea from Voltron!

Personally, the first one that came to mind for me was the Forever People.

Hi!

I love this idea and I would like to start a force and destiny campagne as a GM. Did you ever finish your stones and would share the stats etc.?