Micro Machine Vs. X-wing Scale Comparison Request

By dewbie420, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

I have a request: Can someone post a pic or provide the details on size comparison of ships for me?

I like to make debris fields out of Micro Machine ships since they are usually pretty close to scale. And I also want to proxy a few extra ships for casual play (attack shuttle mini swarm).

Specifically , I would like to see the Phantom/Attack Shuttle models side by side or learn the dimensions of each. I haven't picked up any Wave 8 ships (Edit: i just ordered the Jumpmaster) so I can't compare myself, yet. Also I'm wondering how the TAP compares.

(My apologies if this has been already covered in the forums- I did a search before posting.)

Edited by dewbie420

I can't speak for the specific ships but they do vary. I posted this a while ago in a similar topic which shows the T-65 scales just fine;

Some of them do scale up very well and with a quick removal of mould lines and a repaint look quite passable. Here's some of mine from the repaint thread;

An X-Wing with S foils closed; image.jpg

And a Naboo starfighter; image.jpg

Both even have holes underneath where you can fit them on FFG bases. There's were originally for micro machine displays I think. The TIEs, from what I've seen in the shops, appear to have stubbier and thicker wings so I'd probably only use them for debris.

The TIEs are only good for debris. The T-70 is also spot on though.