Clarification on tech / asset card rules.

By MadLarkin, in XCOM: The Board Game

I've now played the game three times and have a few questions on how things work.

1) Am I supposed to be shuffling cards back into play after each round is over? (spent enemy cards, discared cards, mission cards etc)

2) Can tech & asset cards be used for only their character's actions, or can they be used at any time? For example, the Chief Intel Officer has a card that lets him reroll an enemy die, can he do that only for his roles, or could that card instead be used on a Commander's interceptors

I've been reading through a few forums and haven't yet found any definite answers for these Qs.

I've now played the game three times and have a few questions on how things work.

1) Am I supposed to be shuffling cards back into play after each round is over? (spent enemy cards, discared cards, mission cards etc)

2) Can tech & asset cards be used for only their character's actions, or can they be used at any time? For example, the Chief Intel Officer has a card that lets him reroll an enemy die, can he do that only for his roles, or could that card instead be used on a Commander's interceptors

I've been reading through a few forums and haven't yet found any definite answers for these Qs.

1) You're half right - In the Refresh step of the Resolution Phase, the app should tell you to put all discarded cards on the bottom of their decks - you should only ever shuffle a deck before play begins, or when a Crisis tells you to shuffle the Crisis deck. The basic idea is that discards go to the bottom of their deck, but, rather than slowing things down during the Timed Phase, you just put them in a discard pile until the end of the round. Personally, I don't bother recycling discarded Missions since even if you don't unlock the Final Mission early, you'll still only draw the 12 Missions once each. Other decks either have a chance to loop round, or a way to interact with the discards, so I follow the rules on them.

2) Compare the wording of Satellite Uplink with the wording of Carapace Armor - or Satellite Targeting with Holo-Targeting - in both cases, the Central Officer gets a version of the effect that can affect any player, while the Squad Leader's version only works on his own Tasks. In general, the cards mean exactly what they say - ones that only work on specific Tasks will say so.