Some questions about the rules.

By maverick_60, in Tide of Iron

Hello im kinda new to the game (Played it twice) and i have some questions about the gameplay

1. Can units return fire when they are fired upon. (I understood that when making assault move then there is an opprotunity for enemy to return fire) but when someone attacks you with Op fire, concentrated fire of move&fire? Do you get a chance to fire back?

2. There is a card in Morale Deck I called GO TO GROUND and it says: "Place up to two concealed squad markers on two friendly squads located in the same hex. You may not choose squads that are adjacent to enemy units." So does that mean i get two more squads into my forcepool, or does depend on the scenario (meaning that if in the scenario there are some concealed squads), or do i convert some of my squads to concealed squads?

I would really appreciate if anybody would enlighten me in these questions!

Thank You
Maverick 60!

1. No, you may not return fire. Being fired upon never lets you shoot back, only when being assaulted (and your unit is not disrupted).
2. That text is a misprint; check the errata in the rules for the correct one.

thanks a bunch hilman :D

If a unit assaults a hex occupid by an enemy unit, the enemy unit does get to roll attack dice against the assaulting unit. Read the rules for assault actions. Also, if you have a unit in op-fire mode, they can make an interrupt attack when an enemy unit moves. An op-fire attack cannot interrupt an enemy unit that is firing, only one that is moving.

Take a look at the player aids found here: http://www.headlesshollow.com/freebies_games.html#tide

They are incredibly well made and really help with most rule issues that pop up during gameplay.

I cannot recommend these enough!