OMFG it's Happening (expansions)

By Norgrath, in Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/6/16/witch-hunter-and-troll-slayer

So yeah, new expansion packs for individual heroes, pretty cool (though I feel like quests or other things would have added more).

Didn't someone say these exact two heroes as the ones they wanted really early on in the piece?

The witch hunter's "I like having actions exhausted" is a really cool risk/reward mechanic. (And her rest looks really good). The reinforced coat looks like it counts as an extra exhausted action (hopefully only for your actions).

EDIT: What word starting with D makes sense for her advanced attack? It couldn't possibly be "Do not roll enemy dice" could it?

Hard to say much about the trollslayer because we can only see his legendary fortunes but both axes look great (the main-hand one looks pretty much like a stilletto which I'd nominate for best treasure in the game). His attack seems to recover one health for defeating an enemy when he doesn't have armour (bonus success for advanced). His rest must have an ability that isn't part of the rest itself.

EDIT: Just notices his advanced explore action uses the word engage in a position suggesting "You may engage one enemy".

Edited by Norgrath

The PoD stuff gives me some hope, I know I plan on getting both tomorrow, when I have my paycheck in my pocket

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/6/16/witch-hunter-and-troll-slayer

So yeah, new expansion packs for individual heroes, pretty cool (though I feel like quests or other things would have added more).

Didn't someone say these exact two heroes as the ones they wanted really early on in the piece?

The witch hunter's "I like having actions exhausted" is a really cool risk/reward mechanic. (And her rest looks really good). The reinforced coat looks like it counts as an extra exhausted action (hopefully only for your actions).

Hard to say much about the trollslayer because we can only see his legendary fortunes but both axes look great (the main-hand one looks pretty much like a stilletto which I'd nominate for best treasure in the game). His attack seems to recover one health for defeating an enemy when he doesn't have armour (bonus success for advanced). His rest must save an ability that isn't part of the rest itself.

Gah you beat me to it while I was typing :)

Hard to say much about the trollslayer because we can only see his legendary fortunes but both axes look great (the main-hand one looks pretty much like a stilletto which I'd nominate for best treasure in the game). His attack seems to recover one health for defeating an enemy when he doesn't have armour (bonus success for advanced). His rest must save an ability that isn't part of the rest itself.

Gah you beat me to it while I was typing :)

And here I was concerned that someone would do that to me XD.

I look at this as really bad news for the game. Anytime they go PoD with something before it's gotten a full expansion, it's been it's death.

i'm so incredibly excited by this announcement! I was scared to death that Warhammer ACG would be d/c'd because of Warhammer Quest Silver Tower. But this is literally one of my fav games; so so so glad to see some expansion... IT'S NOT DEAD!

Now I can rest assured there will be upcoming scenarios and further expansions.

I look at this as really bad news for the game. Anytime they go PoD with something before it's gotten a full expansion, it's been it's death.

Don't say that! I refuse to believe it

Are those really Print on Demand expansion? I did not see any mention of it. Sorry if this is a stupid question but can someone tell me where to look for PoD mention?

Goodbye, money.

Actually it's when it gets one or two expansions and nothing else. Ala Relic or Diskwars or Forgotten Stars. I take this to mean the concern over the card game with all of the doom and gloom speculation with the AoS WQ is for nothing, and that they will keep supporting the game if it is financially viable

Wasn't the game kind of a surprise hit last year? Why wouldn't they support it further?

Even if it just keeps getting PoD material as long as there's a steady stream of it bring it on.

FFG generally does PoD expansions when they don't have a good feel for the demand.

I suspect they are on the fence with this game, and how well the PoD sells may determine whether they go ahead with more or give it the axe.

In other words, they are giving us a tiny chance to prove to them the game is worth investing more into development. So let's give them the message loud and clear!

Hm. Order attempts are failing. Hopefully this is a temporary glitch...

It took them so long to deliver this two little expansions? Man. this isn\t good...

I just got into board gaming last month and this was the first game I bought. Really enjoy it and the best part of it is that my wife enjoys playing with me. Bought both new characters as soon as I saw the news.

OMFG indeed, I did a little yappy dog flip when I saw the news. Very happy. Now, I am somewhat worried that someone in the FFG bunker is drawing a line through the "Warhammer Quest" block on a whiteboard while saying "Aaaaaaaaaand....done." But otherwise, I am very happy about this.

Ordered one of each to the UK. Came to £20 and a few pence including postage, not too bad. Couldn't wait for them to reach our shores.

Ordered one of each to the UK. Came to £20 and a few pence including postage, not too bad. Couldn't wait for them to reach our shores.

I ordered them for Belgium. Shipping is three times the cost of the product, I still ordered them.

First I am very happy to see them both (although I hoped for some additional contents and not only heroes). ;)

If they are POD I hope they will be available soon on the European market too like Descent POD. For a European games It is not so cheap to order them directly from FFG. <_<

Edited by Gendalm

I'm glad to see these. I'm betting if we're going to hear something further it'll be leading up to or at Gencon.

Bearing in mind each pack is only about 14 cards, isnt that itself a clear reason for these to be POD rather than other reasons?

If (hopefully when) they release a larger expansion containing monsters, scenarios nemesis' etc I can see it as proper print run, but as a teas until then to give an adventurer as a small POD pack seems logical to me.

If you were FFG and you saw the doom and gloom on the forums, yet knew an expansion was in the pipeline and didnt want enthusiasm to wain, what would you do? Produce a small number of POD cards to give full complete new adventurers to keep the fans happy? Thats what I would hope. Minimum investment for them in production and design to keep things turning over until something bigger appears.

If they were going to drop it fully, why keep fans interested with these small glorious titbits rather than just let it drop and fade?

Hopefull

Excited and very happy to see that ffg is still supporting this game. Ordered both.

Now can't wait for official scenario expansions!

If you were FFG and you saw the doom and gloom on the forums, yet knew an expansion was in the pipeline and didnt want enthusiasm to wain, what would you do? Produce a small number of POD cards to give full complete new adventurers to keep the fans happy? Thats what I would hope.

Well, they could have just logged on and written, "Hey everyone. Not to worry. We do plan on releasing expansions for this game. It's taking a while due to X, Y, and Z."

I think that PoD stuff is bad news. Also, they are just putting out some new player characters, not any actual new game content.

If you were FFG and you saw the doom and gloom on the forums, yet knew an expansion was in the pipeline and didnt want enthusiasm to wain, what would you do? Produce a small number of POD cards to give full complete new adventurers to keep the fans happy? Thats what I would hope.

Well, they could have just logged on and written, "Hey everyone. Not to worry. We do plan on releasing expansions for this game. It's taking a while due to X, Y, and Z."

I think that PoD stuff is bad news. Also, they are just putting out some new player characters, not any actual new game content.

By all accounts FFG devs don't interact with the forums. Also It's pretty ridiculous to say that new characters aren't actual new game content.

Someone somewhere within the company should interact more with the forums. New characters are obviously new content, from a technical definition. But, it would have been nice to see more campaign/adventure content.