FFG, when can we expect to see the rules online ?

By Borgopolis, in Runewars

Not trying to push anyone here, but since there seem to be a lot of people very eager to read the rules ... could you at least give us a date when you plan to put the rules online.

Checking the Runewars Support page all the time and finding the same old "Watch this space for Runewars related content." gets boring after a while.

Thanks in advance.

Anybody else like to support this humble request ?

Or you could use a RSS reader (such as Google Reader) and just keep an eye out for any unread items in the FFG main feed ;)

The first Runewars preview dates from october 14th ...... That's more than two months ago already and still no rules online.

How much longer are they going to milk this thing ... ? Does it really matter so much to them to keep us in the dark ?

I agree. Plz post the rules soon, FFG! I will be reading it as an extra christmas present.

DarkElf said:

That's more than two months ago already and still no rules online.

Wow.

You would have lasted about 20 minutes Back In The Day. Rules posted online? Hell, with some rare exceptions, we didn't even know about the new games coming out until they showed up on the shelves.

TheDukester said:

DarkElf said:

That's more than two months ago already and still no rules online.

You would have lasted about 20 minutes Back In The Day. Rules posted online? Hell, with some rare exceptions, we didn't even know about the new games coming out until they showed up on the shelves.

Yes, that's correct, but we're not " Back In The Day" anymore aren't we ? ;)

There's been an invention called the internet since then ....

I can understand them building up some anticipation, but this shouldn't drag on for months IMO.

Get us four or five previews, sure, but then get the rules up please.

What's the purpose of dragging this out like this ... ?

DarkElf said:

What's the purpose of dragging this out like this ... ?

This is purely speculation, but maybe they're double checking the rules? I'm just as anxious as you, but good things come to those who wait! ^_^

DarkElf said:

Not trying to push anyone here, but since there seem to be a lot of people very eager to read the rules ... could you at least give us a date when you plan to put the rules online.

Checking the Runewars Support page all the time and finding the same old "Watch this space for Runewars related content." gets boring after a while.

Thanks in advance.

Anybody else like to support this humble request ?

I'd rather they get the rules perfect the first time than to release "patches" of FAQs afterwards and confusing the heck out of everyone. I'm sure you would agree.

Johncraven said:

I'd rather they get the rules perfect the first time than to release "patches" of FAQs afterwards and confusing the heck out of everyone. I'm sure you would agree.

Sure, but the rules are already finished and printed, the game is on the boat ... the rules are not under development anymore ...

I second my wise kwaky companion there. Men, just wait, everyone here complains when things are not coming quick enough, and when they do everyone then complains that they're full of mistakes !!! Look at the publishing rythm of Descent and all the crazyness that this brings through the fan...

Let us all get kwakily patient and play with what we have for now, shall we ?

DarkElf said:

The first Runewars preview dates from october 14th ...... That's more than two months ago already and still no rules online.

How much longer are they going to milk this thing ... ? Does it really matter so much to them to keep us in the dark ?

Rules typically have been released a few weeks before the game is available. Time from first preview to rules pdf can take a while. Two months is nothing. The rules for Android took over three months from first preview and the rules for Age of Conan nearly 5 months. Everybody who's been following this game, closely or casually, is interested in seeing the rules. You think FFG doesn't realize that? You are not the first to ask, nor will you be the last. Like it or not, but the fact of the matter is, FFG will release the rules when they are ready to.

Well although it's no suprise the on line store which has my pre-order of RW just e-mailed to say FFG has told them RW release has been pushed back to mid January.So the Rules would make a nice Christmas present as we won't have the Game.

OD

Old Dwarf said:

Well although it's no suprise the on line store which has my pre-order of RW just e-mailed to say FFG has told them RW release has been pushed back to mid January.So the Rules would make a nice Christmas present as we won't have the Game.

Mid-January is the expected release date I've been hearing from people on these forums ever since the game was announced. I think the store you ordered from just got their wires crossed somehow.

I expect FFG will give us some reading materials before the holidays. Rules would be nice, but also additional previews for Runewars and Horus Heresy.

I also hope for some viewing material in the form of the Runewars video trailer.

And maybe, just maybe, they'll announce the third game (I don't think so, but no harm in wishing).

They heeded the call. A promo video is online :)

Boy, I gotta say, FFG really screwed up the timing on these new games didnt they?! As soon as I saw Runewars, that was it!

"Honey, this is what I want for Christmas! Wait, what? Its not gonna be out by Christmas? Oh well, I guess it's new Mountain Bike gear then for Christmas"

Now we have Horus Heresy as well!!? And I am sure they small box is going to be something I really want as well. So there are 2 $100 big box games and a small box no doubt at least $60 for that one, coming out the first Quarter of '10. What are they thinking!?

At least ONE of these should have been out by Christmas!

Well, maybe they wanted to but simply didn't manage to. Could be possible, couldn't it?

Besides, one hooray for the weak $, makes games much cheaper here ^^

Well, I'd hoped we'd see the rules before the year ended, but unless they come up today (the 30th), I doubt we will, as I think tomorrow is a holiday (very much deserved) for the FFG folks.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Happy New Year !

Just sold my old Axis & Allies on Ebay, so now im gonna definately buy me Runewars... just hesitating if i should pre-order or not....

So, how long has it been on the boat now? Perhaps it will be shipping soon? Hopefully?

happy.gif

gdotbat said:

Boy, I gotta say, FFG really screwed up the timing on these new games didnt they?! As soon as I saw Runewars, that was it!

"Honey, this is what I want for Christmas! Wait, what? Its not gonna be out by Christmas? Oh well, I guess it's new Mountain Bike gear then for Christmas"

Now we have Horus Heresy as well!!? And I am sure they small box is going to be something I really want as well. So there are 2 $100 big box games and a small box no doubt at least $60 for that one, coming out the first Quarter of '10. What are they thinking!?

At least ONE of these should have been out by Christmas!

Actually, as an ex gamestore manager, I can tell you that it's good business sense, just not for your demographic. Most games are bought by people in a younger age group. They typically can't justify to their friends and relatives a 100 dollar single gift, but they can get money from a bunch of different people in their lives and then pool that to buy a game. This is the same strategy that Games Workshop uses in releasing new armies at the end of the year.

This means that you don't want the game out before they have the money to buy it, you want them to spend their holiday loot on it. Usually on the second or third week of January because that s when their parents will have enough time to take them out to buy things with said holiday cash. Before that, they have new years and recovery from new years to worry about.

This is getting ridiculous. Any news at all about the release of this game?!? The tension is just too much to handle anymore. We NEED some news!!!!!!

llorando.gif

Orientalist said:

This is getting ridiculous. Any news at all about the release of this game?!? The tension is just too much to handle anymore. We NEED some news!!!!!!

llorando.gif

Oh come on! We've only known about it for two months!

rofl

Stefan said:

They heeded the call. A promo video is online :)

Indeed it is, and it's exciting too! Not really a whole lot in the way of new rules/mechanics, but still exciting to see the game components "in action" as it were. Also marginally interesting to get a few faces to put to the names over there at FFG HQ. One thing that struck me, as silly as this may seem, is how they pronounced "Terrinoth" at the start (TEE-rin-ohth.) I always pronounced it "TEH-rin-ohth."

Man,

This game looks frackin awesome! Did I spell frack right? FFG stuff just keeps getting more delicious.