FFG, when can we expect to see the rules online ?

By Borgopolis, in Runewars

Man,

This game looks frackin awesome! Did I spell frack right? FFG stuff just keeps getting more delicious.

I am assuming that a person can buy multiple sets and thus put together a LARGE realm map???

Granted, the rules will comply with the above suggestion. :wink:

I can't imagine why you would want a larger board except to have more players, but you would still only have 4 different colors of plastics (besides neutrals) even if you bought two copies, so this wouldn't really help. Note that the board is made up of 36 hexes even though it is only 13 tiles. Additionally, I believe quests refer to specific hexes (A1/2/3, B2, etc.), so this would make them somewhat problematic.

Lordpappanqui said:

I am assuming that a person can buy multiple sets and thus put together a LARGE realm map???

I agree with Broken, because each hex is labeled (A1, A2, B1, etc), buying two copies of the game would introduce a few new complexities that may or may not make it unplayable. I think it would be wiser to buy one copy and see how big the map is before looking at buying multiple copies just for the sake of expanding it even further.

Even if you decide you do want a bigger map, because of the hex labels it might be wiser to wait for an official expansion. Unless, of course, you intend to make your own homebrew hexes to put over top of the duplicate tiles.

Considering that both Descent and Runebound were popular, we saw lots of expansions for those games. I figure we are going to have more expansions, aka, more nations be released for Runewars as well. Maybe more heroes and or unique units, specialized "season cards". Really, they have a lot of interesting avenues they could augment this game if it takes off.

I sure am excited about picking up a copy.

And here they are... and more better news is that it will be shipping later next week... YEAH !!!

so i got the lecture for tonight's beer ^^

and my preorder store send me an email saind that the game should be at my place at 21'th :D

^^