This Game DEAD, DYING, OR DONE

By CHUBBS91, in Universal Fighting System

Its been awhile since i posted anything but here we go:

I believe this game is dying many ppl have moved on to different bigger money making games and u all know which ones.

So id like your people's comments on what you think bc i love this game, but unfortunatlly THE CHUBBSZINATOR is probably moving on....... :(

Wow - TeamTapOut

UFS Attention Whores who are all posting the same crap throughout the forums. Self declared heels.

Glad to see you can contribute positively to the game.

Glad you ignore the alarming rate of people quitting the game (especially people like these guys who have been around since the start/almost the start of the game and supported the hell out of the game and traveled all over for events etc etc) and pretend that everything is fine. Because you know when players who have been around for 3 years start quitting there is usually nothing to worry about, this game is in good shape.

This game is going strong. We've got a good community (which we're doing our best to support) and the actual game itself is better than it has been in recent years. Money in general is tighter than it has been in the past, and people are quitting, but that's to be expected. My local playgroup is getting bigger at the moment anyhow.

Just trust me when I say UFS isn't going to die out anytime soon.

P.S. Just noticing how there is an abundance of people claiming to be quitting and whining about it instead of actually quitting (not aimed at anyone in paticular).

Is this the kind of flavor of the month thing to do? Nag and moan about how people are leaving the game?

How can the game be dying when there's people within it's community who are still willing to go ahead and support it? Yeah, certain areas are falling off the face of earth (*cough* New York City! *endcough*) But that doesn't mean that the game is dead or anywhere near dying yet.

Yeah, sure things weren't the same how they were three years ago but I can also make a similar point about other games and about three years ago. SOTG? Not needed. Good idea, but I can remember several times where there wasn't one for gaps of two months of more. Regionals? Remember when this was just a THOUGHT and not a reality? Low attendance at World's/Nats? For crying out loud, that happened when people got told "Hey we're starting this cycle thing and by this time next year, your cards aren't playable." THAT was the cause of low attendance.

I just hope that we don't end up seeing the holiday sale as a fire sale... (Really $25 for a box?! **** it... you need to send via FCM) And hope that another UFS set is still in the future... No wait... THERE IS another UFS set in the future... people just need to wait.

Door is THAT -> way, don't let it you on the way out.

Me I'm just getting back into UFS after STG ****** it up royally. The current sets are FANTASTIC, my local players are all brilliant guys and the game has never been more fun.

JDub said:

Glad you ignore the alarming rate of people quitting the game (especially people like these guys who have been around since the start/almost the start of the game and supported the hell out of the game and traveled all over for events etc etc) and pretend that everything is fine. Because you know when players who have been around for 3 years start quitting there is usually nothing to worry about, this game is in good shape.

guitalex2008 said:

JDub said:

Lots of people quit Magic when the Mirrodin block hit. It's also doing just fine now.

A game like Magic can afford to lose players, a small community like this one can't. Magic could probably afford to lose as many players that currently play UFS and that wouldn't even put a dent in it's player base.

so magic is going downhill rapidly and people quit the TCG I always thought I'd pick up again when MTG died instead?

I left the forums for a few months and it's all gone out the window, seriously people, now is not the time to let a game that's still going strong fall.

Draco Mageat said:

so magic is going downhill rapidly and people quit the TCG I always thought I'd pick up again when MTG died instead?

I left the forums for a few months and it's all gone out the window, seriously people, now is not the time to let a game that's still going strong fall.

I think you have been gone a little too long:

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=26&efcid=5&efidt=256777&efpag=0

My timing is really bad, I was just thinking of getting into this game and find out its being dropped. Still I feel sorry for those of you who are fans, it always sucks to see a game people love lose support.

Agreed, never played but sorry for those of you who lost a game, maybe it will return as a LCG of some sort.

this is sad news. maybe they will bring it out again.

You guys are so depressing. So what if it died. There are still cards out there, right? So people can still play the game, right? So don't stop playing the game and buying the cards. Still promote the game and do exactly as you would. All this means is the cards are cheaper, so this should be even easier to do.

If we can continue to support it enough, someone is bound to take up the mantel.