So uh... is Anima dead?

By ReaperWolf, in Anima Game Masters

I recently tried to find a copy of Those Who Walk Among Us and found a copy on ebay for $150+.

Collectable?

So I searched FFG's website, no Anima anywhere.

Checked the forums, found Anima in the graveyard Forum Archive.

Notta good sign.

Checked Wikipedia and there's a mention of a 2nd ed in the works and translation has been suspended until the European publisher finishes the 2nd ed.

So is Anima in perpetual limbo now?

I missed the DriveThruRPG sale which by all accounts was a clearance sale.

I'm keen to lay my hands on a copy of Those... but not willing to take out a second mortgage to do so. PM me if you have a solution to my quandry.

Thanks!

>>ReaperWolf

Check your local books stores like Barnes and Noble or your local game stores. Several of mine had the basic core book.

Yeah, I've got friends on several continents keeping their eyes peeled for the one book missing from my Anima collection.

150 is actually pretty good for Those Who Walked. I found three copies, one was in France and after shipping would have been 250, one was in Italy and they wouldn't sell international, that last was 135 after shipping and from Seattle.

I wouldn't bet on finding a better deal. The digital copies are missing pages anyway.

The game's creater recently said on Steam (in the forums for the Anima: Gate of Memories video game) that they are working on signing a new distribution deal in the US. He expressed appreciation for FFG's handling of the material, but disappointment in the length of time it took for the books to release. In other words - they will be available again soon, but it may not be here that they are available.

I'd bookmark that forum and check in from time to time, he seems fairly active there: http://steamcommunity.com/app/380750/discussions/?fp=3

Honestly in my opinion the game has a hard time staying relevant with a large player base because of the fact that the game isn't balanced between players' characters; which leads to one or more players getting upset with the campaign and inevitably leaving.