So Why Can't I Build an Evil Deck?

By Smazzurco, in UFS General Discussion

What is it about evil currently that it refuses to let me make a deck off it?

I tried building Evil Zhai Daiyo and couldnt get enough of a foundation base.

I though about building Evil Lizardman but Void seemed far superior.

I tried building Evil Bryan Fury, and although i have 30 attacks im willing to play, again i am having an incredibly hard time with the foundation base.

Any suggestions on maybe some cards I am overlooking? Point me to a decklist for inspiration?

There is basically no evil from the new set. In tekken only some of Kaz's stuff has Evil. Nightmare has some playable cards, as does Cervy.

What do these Evil decks look like?

Smazzurco said:

What do these Evil decks look like?

Wait a sec, there is an evil symbol you say???

Seriously though, they look like Knight Breaker/Launcher combos some damage pump and some destruction. Minimal interactive tech due to lack of card base.

- dut

Cause evil is not the fire symbol.

I sure hope they boost evil in the next set..

Ideal would be boosting evil and water since they are the 2 minor symbols right now, and evil being the least supported. Fire should not get anything at all imo :P

I kind off feel like they are afraid of bringing back evil, in case it gets as strong as it was at the end of B3.. sure it was hella strong but that is not a reason to kill it ^^

Smazzurco said:

What is it about evil currently that it refuses to let me make a deck off it?

Early rotation was good for the game but left many symbols high and dry. To make matters worse, Tekken and SCIV02 were both designed without rotation in mind, so if you're in the block 3 mindset, you KNOW Evil had enough. Come rotation they're only left with Nightmare, Cervantes, Zhao Daiyu, Astaroth, Kazuya and random Lizardman cards.

If you look at each support, they are only really good in their character, and not so much outside (Midnight Launcher into Knight Breaker being the only generic thing, but only Nightmare, Zhao Daiyu and Kazuya can use the Death E).

I had a talk with Hata recently about it. Hata is aware of the situation, and while he couldn't concretely tell me anything (for obvious reasons) he mentioned that he plans on giving Evil some support.

Followup question, then how come everyone talks about Bryan Fury's best symbol being evil?

What does evil offer that no other symbol does?

Smazzurco said:

Followup question, then how come everyone talks about Bryan Fury's best symbol being evil?

That they're being incredibly SARCASTIC.

Earth and Fire have a lot more support than Evil, and a lot more USEFUL support than Evil. Unstoppable Warrior and even No Longer Controllable (which would be otherwise pointless) combine with Bryan so well it's not even funny. Having Earth and Fire gives him access to both Stand Off and Paid to Protect.

Evil has nothing going on right now. So yeah, my guess would be they were EXTREMELY sarcastic, but sarcasm is hard to capture in forum posts without sounding extremely condescending and patronizing.

This of it like this.

"Bryan Fury's best symbol is evil" is akin to "Ukyo's Apple should be banned".

well as far as attacks i can see it being good, so thats maybe where i missed the sarcasm

Smazzurco said:

well as far as attacks i can see it being good, so thats maybe where i missed the sarcasm

But foundations are sorely lacking. Other than No Loner Controllable, which is just plain sexy in Bryan.

guitalex2008 said:

Smazzurco said:

Well with attacks you'll always have the KB lineup.

But foundations are sorely lacking. Other than No Loner Controllable, which is just plain sexy in Bryan.

and KB is just as easily playable off fire.

Smazzurco said:

and KB is just as easily playable off fire.

There is nothing in Evil outside of Astaroth or Nightmare support worth running in Bryan, that Earth or Fire couldn't do better.

I wrote an article on evil. Its on vik's blog if that helps. If you want any thing more or talk to me in person send a pm and I'll forward my information and we can talk shop. I've played evil and I can tell you my setbacks and success.

the attack lineup for evil is just as good for bryan fury as it is with any of his other symbols....theres a very good one in the deck building forums right now if you want to have a look at what one off of evil should look like.

I hear that Needs to Destroy + G-Corp Leader + Bryan Fury = I can destroy my foundations all day and not even care

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

the attack lineup for evil is just as good for bryan fury as it is with any of his other symbols....theres a very good one in the deck building forums right now if you want to have a look at what one off of evil should look like.

I hear that Needs to Destroy + G-Corp Leader + Bryan Fury = I can destroy my foundations all day and not even care

But with Fire you don't have to destroy them all day. You destroy them for a few mins, then walk away and leave your opponent dead.

Smazzurco said:

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

But with Fire you don't have to destroy them all day. You destroy them for a few mins, then walk away and leave your opponent dead.

Thats true enough i guess but if for some reason you can kill your opponent you have turns to fall back on as opposed to in fire your staging area is just gone and you dont have ready foundations to block

If there is fire in the next set, I really hope that it's the promo characters instead of the cards in the set. If they did that they could give fire a few more characters to play, and stregthen weaker symbols like evil, life, water, and air at the same time.

Smazzurco said:

Allow me to answer this.

Bryan's main appeal is that he has No Longer Controllable built into him, pumping already big damage (5) by 4 (to 9) and generally not being afraid of Stand Off and Paid to Protect.

Evil comes into play because it plays VASTLY different than Earth and Fire (which do play relatively similar in the first place). The reason myself and Lord Aggro have touted Evil Bryan Fury is because of his ability to abuse the Hell out of Need to Destroy and G-Corp Leader, something Earth and Fire cannot do. Earth and Fire cannot replace what is destroyed, versus Evil which simply uses G-Corp to get them back and Need to Destroy to act as one big target.

Evil also has Lion Slayer, which is a turn 2 12 damage attack (+4 with Bryan, +3 with itself), which, if unblocked, takes any 7 hander to desperation and most 6 handers vulnerable. Evil also has some overall interesting tech, such as The Hunt is On, Rolling Revenge, Searching for Treasure, Wonderworld Comics, etc.

I know it's easy to say "LOL Fire is teh best symbol and therefore all chars with Fire are best off Fire."

Such characters as Paul Phoenix, Temujin, Sophitia, Mitsurugi, and Nightmare all arguably play better off another symbol, and Bryan Fury is one of those characters, I feel.

As far as building an Evil deck, it depends on what you're trying to accomplish. What Evil has over its twins Death and Chaos is the ability to run Cervantes, Astaroth, and Lizardman's support in one consistant symbol. Evil also has Wonderworld Comics, one of the most powerful cards in the format, IMO.