Welcome to the Prosperitas Sector!

By cyclocius, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

Welcome to the Prosperitas Sector!

I've mentioned a handful of times that I'm slowly but surely working on compiling a dossier of background lore for my custom sector, Prosperitas. I've spent about two months total chipping away at it, changing bits here and there and expanding in others. I've currently finished two full Sub-sectors, each with at least Ten worlds apiece. I've aimed to give each world at least half a page of information as a launching point to allow other GMs to pinch an idea here or a name there, or if I'm lucky, base their own game in the sector!

Below is a link to the Sector map, because the image itself is massive and I don't want to stretch any screens!

http://i.imgur.com/MSqlRB7.jpg

Currently I'm satisfied with the first draft of:

The Hecaro Stretch

Terras Embrace

The Golden Sons

The Vastral Collar

Current task: Aludan Rifts.

Here is a link to the dossier itself;

http://www.mediafire.com/download/57akvf7tx0ooizc/Prosperitas+Dossier+11.pdf

Last updated: 04/7/16

Frontier Worlds of the Aludan Rifts completed!

This is currently my first draft, once this is completed I'll give myself a pat on the back and begin the arduous task of proof reading and rewriting and reformatting. My final goal, though optimistic, is to put out a book with an interesting setting, a unique homeworld or two, items and gear and a high quality for a fanbook.

I hope you enjoy what's available so far, I'll check this thread as much as possible to collect feedback and critique and answer any questions you may have.

All the best,

Cyclocius

Edited by cyclocius

Nice Work,

Not read all of it, but for what I've seen thus far, it's done very nicely!

Thanks very much! I've just added a few new worlds, and I can happily state that I've completed the Vastral Collar, another subsector off the list! (Until the inevitable rewrite and second pass)

I'll update the OP with the new link.

Accidentally double posted, sorry!

Edited by cyclocius

yeah this is very impressive.

Only read the first 12 pages - will definitely be reading the rest and put ideas of yours to work in my part of the world. This is really good.

...get back to you if I have some input or questions. Thx again mate.

Well I guess I'm not going too wrong with Abidel.

Time to dig in. Hmm, maybe I can AstroSynth it.

Well I guess I'm not going too wrong with Abidel.

Time to dig in. Hmm, maybe I can AstroSynth it.

You can if you want to mate, though I must say that the map itself was designed with nary a squint at actual cosmology, distances to suns/stars or anything of a sort. Most planets probably have a sun that works like any other and is far away as is convenient, unless the world is specifically stated to have longer days/nights etc.

Just had to cover my bases!

**** man. That way more impressive than my setting. Kudos.

I love custom stuff for 40k and this piece is no different. Awesome work and keep it going! I will very much look forward to see your final product. :)

Hey guys, thanks for the encouragement! If anyone is still reading, I apologise for not updating over the past week, life got all muddled up.

I've just updated the dossier a bit more (OP updated), I've encroached into the Aludan Rifts and have a few more worlds and enemies to add there before the final portion, which is secret GM stuff that the players will read anyway!

I've been meaning to finish my own sector atlas book for a long time. I'm admiring your works with a real sense of jealousy for your ability to follow through. Great material! Looking forward to more