SAY NO TO THE RESTRICTED LIST! PLAY BETTER...

By CooMasterCoo, in Star Wars: The Card Game

I really really really hate the restricted list. Not to mention FAQing cards. If a game is that good and healthy (which star wars is ) then other cards should be created to combat the so called "way too powerful cards". I am currently running...

2x Enforced Loyalty
2x Tarkin Doc
2x Moon Blockade
2x Might of the Empire
1x Endor Entrapment
1x Imperial Entanglements

And I love it! As a Navy player, from when the first core sets hit shelves, I have always wanted this for Navy. It was slow, powerful ships that rebels at the time could run circles around. Yeah we had Super Laser blast but that's two cards if your running double The Ultimate Power. Not enough to make up for it.

I don't want to sound harsh. I am of sound mind and understand that making Tark Doc limit 1 makes sense. I mean two of those out there with Enforced Loyalty is dang near impossible (but totally doable) and FAQing Endor Entrapment I can understand. But Rule By Fear was horrible. It completely ruined the cost efficiency of the enhancement. It was a much needed tool to keep say...Trial Luke off the board. I can take care of units three and under, no problem. It's crap.

If you are worried about these cards then build decks that counter them. Jedi are crazy powerful and have been the year past so this expansion was needed to bring balance. One of the things I like about this card game is the variety now. We used to not have so much card pool to tinker with. They have the same odds of not drawing the cards they need as the you drawing the cards you need. Putting hard counters to things you hate in your deck is the only thing you can do. The restricted list should be a short term resolution (which I think it is) that fixes a problem that didn't come up in play testing (until a fix is created) . There a is only a short time these cards are tested with a limited amount of people. So when it hits shelves new things come up, I get it. But juts saying "these cards are too powerful and I don't like or want to take the time to finds things to counter it so throw it on a restricted list!" is wrong.

Not be all "ranty" (as im sure if you listen to The Combat Guild then you know my dislike for altering card text and restricted lists) I have had success with a list that can and has beat the navy at full force. What is it? Well I am attending the Ohio Regional at Something 2 Do this Saturday so I will reveal it in an up coming episode.

I (sadly to admit) am not as involved in the local Star Wars card game meta as much as I should be. My attention has been narrowed to X-Wing but that will soon change. If this has been debated over in the past I am sure my trollers and friends will educate me with many hilarious responses. They will be surely mentioned on the show all in good taste ( I troll myself sometimes. It's what the forums call for on occasion).

The point IS NOT to bash FFG because lets face it, we owe them a lot for giving us so many awesome games. The point IS TO say if you truly love the game you should dive a little deeper in how stuff works. Do not be lazy and complain that "I lost because the other guy is using cards that are TOO POWERFUL!" NO WHINING! Haha. Take the time to get to know your enemy and know the cards. If you have a deck you are comfortable with and you feel has the counters you need for the cards your most worried about then that's all you can do. The rest is up to odds.

May the balance of the Force be with you!

-COOMASTERCOO
THE COMBAT GUILD : A STAR WARS LCG PODCAST

www.thecombatguild.com

Edited by CooMasterCoo

This forum gets next to not traffic for this game. A rant posted on here is essentially talking to yourself.

Edited by ScottieATF

This forum gets next to not traffic for this game. A rant posted on here is essentially talking to yourself.

Ha I know! The X-Wing forums get so much more traffic. It's sad because there are a lot of good topics and conversations about meta and etc. to be discussed! Need to try and make the Star Wars Card Games forums happen!

Ha I know! The X-Wing forums get so much more traffic. It's sad because there are a lot of good topics and conversations about meta and etc. to be discussed! Need to try and make the Star Wars Card Games forums happen!

There is a fourm that's used its just cardgamedb and not the ffg official site. Go there with your post and I'm sure you will get the discussion you are hoping for.

I wonder if we should make some effort as a community to bring discussion back to this site... That way new players can more easily find and connect with the community...

I wonder if we should make some effort as a community to bring discussion back to this site... That way new players can more easily find and connect with the community...

Absolutely . Nothing at all against CGDB. I'm totally down for a connected effort. Consider The Combat Guild behind it.

Absolutely . Nothing at all against CGDB. I'm totally down for a connected effort. Consider The Combat Guild behind it.

FFG do own CGDB as well, so its still kinda official, just a shame theres no way to merge the sites properly rather than it being split

New players. That's a good one :/

Hey I bought into this game last month. :P Haven't played much yet though.

I won't be much good if you want to talk about the meta and stuff though.