Old and New

By The Token Token, in UFS Rules Q & A

I don't know if this has been brought up or not as i'm not in the Q&A section as much as i should be, but can I fuse a Soul Cal 3 character with a Soul Cal 4 character of the same name? SC3 Tira* and SC4 Tira* as example

I believe they ruled on siegfried that you could...but not 100%

Similar to the situation with SF03 Dark Hado and SF04 Dark Hado, it's the collection number that's important. Yes, it works... they're different cards.

Tagrineth said:

Similar to the situation with SF03 Dark Hado and SF04 Dark Hado, it's the collection number that's important. Yes, it works... they're different cards.

So they are different cards, but they are the same character correct? They can stack?

More specifically, if you play a SCIV Tira in your cardpool and you have SC3 Tira as your character, does it stack?

I was taking that as the original question. I think you answered if yuo can run 4x Tira*(SC3) and 4x Tira*(SC4) in the same deck.

Possibly I am misunderstanding but just trying to make sure its clear and everyone on the same page.

Smazzurco said:

Tagrineth said:

So they are different cards, but they are the same character correct? They can stack?

More specifically, if you play a SCIV Tira in your cardpool and you have SC3 Tira as your character, does it stack?

I was taking that as the original question. I think you answered if yuo can run 4x Tira*(SC3) and 4x Tira*(SC4) in the same deck.

Possibly I am misunderstanding but just trying to make sure its clear and everyone on the same page.

Yes, if the character name is the same, despite being different licences, they can stack.

Hence why SNK's Rock Howard had to be listed as "Rock Howard" instead of just "Rock"

And why we'll probably never see Tekken Yoshimitsu. ):

aslum said:

But yes, if they ever get a generic KOF license and try to include King in there... I so don't want her to stack with Tekken King, but neither of them have a last name, because they're both pseudonyms! lol I'm assuming a way to do it would be to add a clause where the characters have to have the same gender to stack (a ? would have to stack with a ? of itself only). Not the same stats, because sometimes weight and height vary between versions, but gender doesn't.

guitalex2008 said:

aslum said:

Well, even though one is a descendant of the other (I think that's the whole deal), there's no reason for Tekken Yoshimitsu should not exist, other than the fact that in Tekken, any moves where he uses his sword are unblockable so... I wouldn't dare try that here.

Unblockable yes...but counterable. So maybe some sort of static effect on his UR (similar to throw) if this attack is blocked, your opponent takes half damage unless he plays a reversal to it.

Smazzurco said:

guitalex2008 said:

aslum said:

Well, even though one is a descendant of the other (I think that's the whole deal), there's no reason for Tekken Yoshimitsu should not exist, other than the fact that in Tekken, any moves where he uses his sword are unblockable so... I wouldn't dare try that here.

Unblockable yes...but counterable. So maybe some sort of static effect on his UR (similar to throw) if this attack is blocked, your opponent takes half damage unless he plays a reversal to it.

But what if that person isnt playing reversals? are they just screwed?

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

Smazzurco said:

guitalex2008 said:

aslum said:

Treated like a throw, block for half damage.

Smazzurco said:

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

Smazzurco said:

guitalex2008 said:

aslum said:

Treated like a throw, block for half damage.

I guess but i really dont want 2 see knight breakers and midnight launchers coming in as throws....i dont know something about that just seems broken lol

ya i said Yoshis UR would be a throw...it obviously wouldnt be something dumb like 3H7 @4diff.... but like a 3M5 "throw" type thing could be doable...

Smazzurco said:

ya i said Yoshis UR would be a throw...it obviously wouldnt be something dumb like 3H7 @4diff.... but like a 3M5 "throw" type thing could be doable...

Although i guess they did allow promo tira to exist....so its kinda like all of your attacks being throws

He's talking about a UR attack, not a UR character. There are no UR characters. >_>;

Yes there are, they're all Legacy though.

aslum said:

Yes there are, they're all Legacy though.

Thank you, oh captain of the pedants, for contributing in a meaningful way.

This is way off-topic.

Like you where anymore on topic.

For a guy who usually reads into things way too literally, I'm surprised you missed that I said " this is way off topic". That would include my own posts. I never said I wasn't. So, great contribution, again.

Well it depends on how you read your post. Considering you quoted my previous post, "this" could easily have refered to only my post.

Regardless, you are the one who mentioned the level of topicality, you should know better (I don't think you magically became dumber when they took away your arbiter status).

Anyways, people DO play legacy sometimes, despite FFG's unwillingness to give half a **** about it. People still ask questions about Legacy in here. Say what you will about me, you must admit I do strive for accuracy where possible. I know you were trying to use Pedantic in a derogetory manner, but honestly I consider it a compliment.

yeah, I get that people do play legacy. Lemme explain this thread to you though, since you kinda missed the boat just slightly here.

the original question - can you stack same-dot characters - got answered very swiftly. It then segued into a discussion about the possibility of Tekken's Yoshimitsu (not appropriate for Q&A), and cards possibly related to Tekken's Yoshimitsu (still not Q&A material).

Guitalex was talking about a "Yoshimitsu UR", someone else posted about characters, taking Alex to mean a UR Yoshimitsu in a future Tekken set.

I pointed out that he was talking about a UR card, not a UR character, because those don't exist, referring to upcoming sets (notably, every ******* Tekken set there ever is was and will be, most likely). IN RETROSPECT, I should've pointed out that this wasn't Q&A discussion material right then and there, but you then followed that up by pointing out COMPLETELY IRRELEVANTLY that Legacy sets had UR characters (notably, set 6 was the last set to have UR characters).

Also, calling you pedantic is more or less just calling a spade a spade. I wasn't trying to be derogatory. Condescending, maybe, but not derogatory.

Except the ORIGINAL question was in reference to legacy play (all SCIII cards are legacy), so someone reading through this thread could easily have been confused by your assertion that there were no UR characters, when in point of fact there are.

Aslum, Tag, room, get one. Odd couple much?