Blank Cards - Need PDF Guru!

By NezziR, in WFRP House Rules

We need some blank cards, on a fillable PDF, that are lined up front and back for double-sided printing on card stock!

• Action cards
  • Location cards
  • Item cards

...for a start.

A drop down symbol selection for action card types would rock. Career sheets would also be a big plus.

Anyone with adobe full and some skills?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, what we really need is something like the strange Eons project that was prodcued for Arkham Horror...

http://www.sfu.ca/~cjenning/eons/

...Now if someone could create something like that for WFRP V3, I would literally explode!

Strange Eons accepts user-created plugins, in fact, there is already one for Talisman cards. It's just a matter of writing a WFRP3 plugin, which, I admit, is not really a small task, but certainly doable. There is a plugin creation kit available for download on the Strange Eons' site; I plan to try and piece something together with it when I get some free time.

It's certainly worth the effort, as SE is an immensely more user friendly tool than any PDF editor could hope to be in terms of creating new cards and bits for a game. I seriously recommend going this way instead of PDFs.

Yer, it's awsome.

I've read the plug in stuff previusly but don't really have the time to get my head round it all just now but perhaps I'll give it a go over the xmas holiday period.

Deep down though, I'm inherently lazy, which won't help matters.....

Hi all,

I want to do soem home made cards, but I'm not sure if I will do it with Strange Aeons or the Magic Set Editor (I already know this one). I'm agree to try the Strange Aeons software, despite my Java is pretty old, but I will not intend this if it will be useless or if I'm alone on this.

For the moment I will focus on the location cards, talent cards and the items cards. I will see how much work it will be to font inside, rework on the card layout and so on (any help on this point will be great, I'm not a infographist).

By the way, where can I ask or know what house products are authorized by FFG?

I don't know if somone is still interrested by this, but i'm continuing on my work.

I the Strange Eons to come back on the Magic Set Editor. it is not so 'eyes candy', but more WYSWYG and I'm used to work on it. A friend of mine is helping me on the card, but I will NOT put anything to the community before having an approval from FFG.

And happy new Year !!!!

I'm still interested to see where you are getting with this. I haven't done anything with Strange Eons over xmas (did i mention my inherent laziness!?) but I don't think the Arkham Horror guys have any problems from FFG for the stuff they produce for that game with Strange Eons.

Games Workshop can be a little over zealous in the protection of their intelectual property, or so I hear... but some home brew location cards and the like should be fine, I wound have thought.

Still interested here too :)

j

I am very interested. Let us know how its coming and if you need any form of Beta or any help at all, just give me a shout and I will see what I can do. I have no programming skills but if you need any ideas or anything at all, just let me know.

I'm willing to spend some time to customize Strange Eons to get some WFRP3 content in there.

I downloaded the application and tutorials and hope to find some time tomorrow evening to try something simple.

Teppe said:

I'm willing to spend some time to customize Strange Eons to get some WFRP3 content in there.

I downloaded the application and tutorials and hope to find some time tomorrow evening to try something simple.

That would be great! I'm not so good with java but would still like to work with Strange Eons. All fan material is great anyways so I hope that people share it either here or at Hammerzeit!

Also - Has someone with mac had any problems with Strange Eons? I did everything as guided but it still doesn't work...

Hi,

I began to work on the Magic Set Editor. I have done the card style for items, and I'm continuing on the others cards, priority for the Location cards.

I'm not using the Strange Eons by choice ; but more stuff we will have, better will be the game!

Coming back with more info soon,

Zul.

hi all !

i've spent a few days working in Strange Eons, with a career-generator.

you can download it here : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6087OZ6M

to make it work : copy it in the SE plug-in folder, and run SE.

i'm sure there can still be improvements of it, so feel free to ask or to modify by yourself.

i'll continue with other types of cards (action cards, wounds, talent and so on)

have fun !

Hurlanc