Future Reinforcement packs?

By Supertoe, in BattleLore

If the elves are revealed at GenCon, I would like some reinforcements revealed beforehand so that we know they still care about us! I want the next three to be:

Neutral Sorcerers- A neutral caster unit would be awesome, and they were an original Runewars unit. I suppose we could call them Flesh Moulders like in Descent to be more specific.

Beastmen- Neutral infantry!

Another Legend- Can't decide which, as I really want Chaos Beast, but I doubt that will happen for fluff reasons. What sorts of legends would be good?

Elves would be cool addition to Battlelore, Toenail...are there any Dwarves availalble for this game? As for Elites, I would love to see a larger version of the Rune Golems. Or maybe the Dwarves could be an Elite unit. How about Eagles as Elites? Roc Warrior is cool but I keep wanting to see something like the Eagles from Lord of the Rings.

I just picked up the Hernfar Guardians and Warband of Scorn and am anxious to see how these units mix in to the existing core set. Considering the Dragon expansion.

No dwarves available yet.

The rune age card game introduced dwarves and orcs, so they may eventually be released as factions. Elves are the missing faction from runewars so they should be next.

Elves would be cool addition to Battlelore, Toenail...are there any Dwarves availalble for this game? As for Elites, I would love to see a larger version of the Rune Golems. Or maybe the Dwarves could be an Elite unit. How about Eagles as Elites? Roc Warrior is cool but I keep wanting to see something like the Eagles from Lord of the Rings.

I just picked up the Hernfar Guardians and Warband of Scorn and am anxious to see how these units mix in to the existing core set. Considering the Dragon expansion.

60e7b8769e85e3d4a244a16d021aa391116bfbae

You mean this big rune golem?

There are no eagles beyond the roc in Runebound universe.

I am really hoping for Orcs, Dwarves, and Elves in that order

I am really hoping for Orcs, Dwarves, and Elves in that order

Yup, but in oppposite order

Hoping for Orcs, Elves, and Dwarves in that order.

The big descent baddies I like the most are elementals, ice wyrms and the big demons (forgot their name, those that look like balrogs). And of course, more multi-unit neutral troops, sorcerers and beastmen (and spiders!) would be super cool.

If the Elves do arrive, I'd love to see Ents included somewhere. They could have a movement of 1, or 2 at most, but with an ability to move from one forest hex to any other forest hex without penalty. Maybe they could be restricted to only being allowed to inhabit forest hexes, but then given a powerful ranged attack to compensate.

In terms of legendary units - An Ogre or Troll could easily be included in any Orc or Goblin faction. I'd like to see a Catapult Siege Engine somewhere as well, maybe in a dwarf faction. Also a new faction that can accommodate a Cyclops or a Medusa would be cool too.

There have been no news about Battlelore at Gencon, have there?

Elves were asked about during FFG's In-Flight Report and the response was basically, "We don't talk about unannounced products." They may be working on it, but maybe not. It could be on their list of things to do, or they've written BattleLore off. We just don't know at the moment.

If the Elves do arrive, I'd love to see Ents included somewhere. They could have a movement of 1, or 2 at most, but with an ability to move from one forest hex to any other forest hex without penalty. Maybe they could be restricted to only being allowed to inhabit forest hexes, but then given a powerful ranged attack to compensate.

In terms of legendary units - An Ogre or Troll could easily be included in any Orc or Goblin faction. I'd like to see a Catapult Siege Engine somewhere as well, maybe in a dwarf faction. Also a new faction that can accommodate a Cyclops or a Medusa would be cool too.

If you're talking about Ents as in Tolkein Ents, then it might be interesting to allow the Ent to reposition a forest. To move the tile to another hex. Like the Huorns at Helm's Deep.

That's certainly possible. The Banners of Wars rules talk about the forest coming alive, in reference to the Forest Guardian.

I need the elves showing up quickly.....that would make me very happy...very very happy!!