UFS Pro Tour Circuit Update!

By jasco games, in UFS General Discussion

Hey everyone. It has been a while since I have had news for you, but as the semester is comming to an end I will have much more time to focus on you! I have posted updated threads in the Orginized Play section of the forum and I encourage you all to read these. I have also posted in the Calling All Scouts thread with the following message:

In this thread, please discuss what you think I can do for you to make UFS a better game. I am working on printing UFS Pro Tour promo cards that will be given out at each event. I will be covering the costs of these my self, which means every participant will get a player set for entering in the events. This is not final yet, but FFG would be crazy not to let me cover their costs on promos. Secondly I have been thinking of ways to revive legacy and make your old cards worth more than trash. Here are my ideas and please tell me which ones you like and which ones you don't like:

I want to review all legacy cards and have a massive reprint of all cards that are not too powerful and not too terrible. They would be released in sets by license aka. Street Fighter would have all SF cards re-released in one box, and the same would go for all other sets. This would mean you can use your old cards, or buy the new cards which may have new artwork, and better wording or errata. These cards would be Legacy legal for ever, so FFG should not lose money in the long run, because these cards will always be tournament legal.

If option one does not work, what about keeping the review of all old cards and get rid of over powered or under powered cards and cards with poor wording, and supply a free PDF of all of the newly modified or reviewed Legacy cards to be in a printable format. These cards would be legal even as proxies, but would have to be played in a sleve with a UFS card to back it. this is another optioin for Legacy, but I really prefer option one.

Option three is, you think of something better and let me know. I am open to better ideas and all opinions.

Please post in that thread if you have opinions, comments, or ideas! I greatly appreaciate all of your thoughts and will continue to do what I can to make UFS oginized play better then ever!

Jason

Hey Jason,

First off, again...a million times over: Thank You for steppin in and steppin up to contribute to the growth and added excitement to this game that many of us on these boards love and play, and love to play!

I will give some more thought on suggestions, as per your open invitation.

In the meantime, is there any news on a West Coast PTC Event?

We are looking into three locatoins in the west coast. I would expect to have all of the events for the US posted by or around Christmas.

jasco games said:

I want to review all legacy cards and have a massive reprint of all cards that are not too powerful and not too terrible. They would be released in sets by license aka. Street Fighter would have all SF cards re-released in one box, and the same would go for all other sets. This would mean you can use your old cards, or buy the new cards which may have new artwork, and better wording or errata. These cards would be Legacy legal for ever, so FFG should not lose money in the long run, because these cards will always be tournament legal.

Putting reprints in with sets IMO is a decent idea, as long as they have something special to them, like alternate artwork.

To make people actually want to play legacy, support the format in major events, but instead of a character card for the winner, have the winner design an in-set card. So you win legacy nats/worlds and design a card that will be released in set 18. Along the bottom of the card or whatever, it would say "Designed by Scott Gaines of Legacy Nats 2012" or whoever won.

That'd be REAL clutch. It's not as insane as being albe to play as yourself, but it's still crazy to have your name printed on a card.

hey Jason, Jesse from Rochester,NY here I was in the same situation with having a rough semester at school. I'm still up for running a UFSPTC event in Rochester, will get in touch with you early next week and we can conference call or something to get back on the same page. Talk to you soon.

Hey Jason I sent you an email about the west coast PTC. Feel free to write back any time. :)

Glad to hear from you guys. After monday finals and final papers are finished, and all I have to do is focus on moving in to our new store location. (3 times the size of our last store!!!) I will be glad to talk to everyone about events after Monday!

Jason

just bumping to make sure everyone read this thread.

jasco games said:

just bumping to make sure everyone read this thread.

Im just sad that i cant make it up 2 NY and thats probably the closest one we are going to get to me.....if these things are successful we should try and do even more next year

...Pro Tour Circuit-exclusive promos?! O_O

Hmm...would Hata be designing them? What license would they belong to? Very interesting idea, as I know Hata's very open to designing ideas. This is perhaps the most intruiging part of the thread.

As for Legacy, *sigh* I just don't like reprints. I think, if anything else, what they ought to do with Legacy is create either a booster series or release certain legacy cards as optional prize support, that way people who don't own certain Legacy cards can participate. Also, I think they need one gigantic banned list of doom for Legacy. I realize the point of Legacy is to relive days of old, but I don't think the game should be that free, especially since simply too many cards are just unnecessarily powerful, and should thus be banned.

All in all, thanks for the positive talk dood.

I think you owe Jason like 45 bucks...