Moar Ragnar - Death super attack pizza, hold the Bryan Fury, and no Fire please (I'm allergic)

By MarcoPulleaux, in UFS Deck Building

I've always felt that Heir to the Storm would increase Ragnar's playability exponentially, but most people seem to still be convinced Ragnar is a second-rate Bryan/Siegfried/Mitsurugi. That's stupid. Neither have 30 vitality, access to a BAMF asset E Commit, and a very simple +3 damage character enhance that combos well with both a foundation and an asset. Not to mention his mammoth desperation first F.

So I decided to re-visit the super attack Ragnar, this time off of Death for more control and speed.

Death Ragnar

Actions: 4

4x Berserker Rage 3/4

Assets: 6

3x Stormhammer 3/4 +2-MID [unique]
3x Path of the Master 2/5 +2-MID [unique]

Attacks: 17

4x Knight Breaker 5/3 +0-HIGH
3x Cleave 5/3 +0-MID
4x Crushing Embrace of the Jotun 5/3 [Desperation: 4] [Throw]
3x Flooded-Nile Throw 4/3 +3-HIGH
3x Midnight Launcher 4/3

Foundations: 32

4x Heir to the Storm 2/5 +3-MID
4x In Search of Plunder 2/5 +3-MID
3x Ka Technique 2/5 +3-MID
3x G-Corp Leader 2/5
4x Valued but Not Trusted 2/4
3x Unstoppable Warrior 2/4
4x Brooding 1/5 +3-HIGH
4x Treacherous Offspring 1/5
3x Cursed Blood 1/4 +3-LOW

Sideboard: 8

4x Perfect Sense of Balance 2/5
4x Undisputed Ruler 2/4

Turn 1:

Stormhammer - Heir to the Storm - G Corp Leader - Treacherous Offspring - Cursed Blood (during the opponent's turn, Cursed Blood gets In Search of Plunder)

Turn 2:

Crushing Embrace (damage 5, vitality lost 0)
E with In Search of Plunder, committing itself (damage 7, vitality lost 2)
E with Ragnar, committing Cursed Blood (damage 10, vitality lost 4)
E with Heir to the Storm destroying In Search of Plunder, respond with G-Corp Leader (damage 12, vitality lost 6)
E with Treacherous Offspring
E with Berserker Rage (damage 17, vitality lost 9)
E with Heir to the Storm (damage 26, vitality lost 9)
E with Stormhammer (damage 35, vitality lost 9)
Partial block results in 18, killing most 7 handsize characters.

id run manical laughter over offspring, boasts a block as well as stun 1 when you get that momentum

EDIT also i dont know how much fire you see but its huge around here so i play devil gene

O.O... Death ... OF COURSE!!! This is a great idea, man. I'm alredy chomping at the bit to try it out. gran_risa.gif I'm also liking the Midnight Launcher - Knight Breaker shenanigans for an alternate kill condition (and Midnight Launcher flipping Acrobatic the bird becomes very important to the berserker). I agree that Maniacal Laughter beats Treacherous Offspring ; you're not gonna have many blocks as it is...

One last bit; where's Unstoppable Warrior so you can have your Bryan Fury* cake and eat it too?

Treacherous is 1 difficulty less, and I'm not sure if that whole "empty enhance" rule still applies (playing an enhance that only works during your attack used during your opponent's to no specific gain). Even then, the 1 diff less matters more, and I feel I have plenty of blocks as is (both assets, +0s on attacks, and various foundations).

Unstoppable Warrior = where do you feel I should put it in? It's nice damage pump absolutely, and might just need to be included due to the aggressiveness. Advice?

Looking at your foundation count (32), I'm not the biggest fan of Intimidating Presence . I agree, it's a good card, but with a deck that's only carrying 8 Throw attacks right now, plus a low foundation count sounds to me like this deck isn't the best suited for it.

Another argument in favor of Maniacal Laughter , though; it can help you punch through the shells of players who rely on Strange Fashion to withstand your huge attacks, making your attacks tougher to block by committing them out.

comtemplation or how evers you spell it gives you card draw

Unstoppable Warrior > Intimidating Presence

Thanks for the tip :)