Quick Question

By FfejOnline, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hey everyone.

I just got the game and love it. I have JitD and WoD already and have a few quick questions about RoL.

Do I have to get AoD before I get RoL?

If I don't and choose to skip Aod, will RoL not be as fun without AoD?

Any help would be Awesome.

No, you don't.

RtL will be missing a coupple of dungeon levels and such without it, I don't see you being overly affected by it.

No you don't have to get AoD to play RTL but you will not have all the options to choose from. RtL has the ability to be played without any of the expansions. My suggestion if money is not a concern is too pick up AoD though.

I agree: get AoD if you can. That said I would certainly buy RtL first & start the campaign – unless your group is putting in some serious hours every week you’ll have plenty of time to get AoD before the end of the campaign and introduce a few elements – if the first time they see Dark Priests is when they are at Gold or Diamond level they’ll have a fit J

Basically you can play RtL without purchasing AoD. What AoD adds are basically more features for RtL. For example: new monsters, treasures, skills, heroes, treachery, etc. In RtL whenever the heroes enter a dungeon you can choose from 4 sets of monsters to populate the dungeons. I think 2 are basic descent sets, and then the other two are AoD and WoD. I would suggest picking it up as, in my opinion, more features are better. I do not think there is a single thing in AoD that is necessary for RtL though.

Thanks everyone! That is what I needed to know. I only have enough to get one expansion for now, but I think what I have will be good enough to play RtL for the time frame I have to play in.