Making "Any" Evade Check

By Esto, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

The Disguise skill card says: "After making any Evade check, exhaust to add 1 success to the result".

What does this mean? The monster's Awareness is 3 & my Sneak is 2. Can I simply say I'm making an Evade check without rolling dice? Or do I need to spend 1 clue token to get the benefit of the Disguise (if I fail the roll)?

No need to spend the clue. The first time you attempt passing the test, you are making it with 0 dice. Thus, afterwards, you may exaust the card to add 1 success. No idea of why they used "any" instead of "an". Possibly they wanted to stress this can be done regardless of which game effect asked you to check Evade (cards, monsters, encounters, and so on, any check, regardless of the origin)

Are there any monsters or encounters that require multiple successes for an evade check? Just curious.

Are there any monsters or encounters that require multiple successes for an evade check? Just curious.

I don't remember any. But Disguise is a part of a collection of similar skills, and all of these are worded the same.

There should be a couple of effects raising the difficulty of Evade checks by one, so that you need to score two successes to pass (but sorry, it's too long since I played Arkham for the last time), but they are indeed extremely rare in the game

(but sorry, it's too long since I played Arkham for the last time )

Julia, you will not play Arkham again? I just saw "for the last time" there and was shocked!

Honestly... I don't know. But my last game looks more like a last than a latest. I also pondered about closing this account, but in the end I'll keep it alive as long as there will be someone playing the game

Gosh that surprises me. It seems to me that there are still many folks playing, even doing youtube playthroughs. The bgg forums are still active, and we play every 2 weeks. It just feels like there is still a ton of playing going on.

Yup, it's good the community is still active elsewhere, I was just referring to this profile here, on the FFG board.

Don't worry, tho, I'll be sticking around for a while more :)