One more review: from an '86 era WFRP GM

By HedgeWizard, in 2009 WFRP The Emperor's Decree Event

I wrote a fairly extensive review over at Geekdo.com (AKA Boardgamegeek.com). It's quite long, so I am not copying it here, but I offer up my thoughts as someone who was skeptical but open-minded to the new edition.

I have come away from my handful of play sessions with a very positive view on this new edition, and I try to outline the reasons why. If you're interested, you can check it out here . If you're already made up your mind that this version sucks but you haven't played it yet, I can't offer you more than what I think was an objective look at the new system.

Well done on the review!

Read it yesterday, it's a very nice review. So far the best, IMO.

seconded very well considered review - thanks.

Glad to hear some folks have found some value in it. Cheers for the feedback!

Nice, detailed review. I appreciate the time you put into this and your feedback helped solidify my purchase as well. As a fan of 1st and 2nd edition, I am more than happy to push into this new realm of RPG pen and paper gaming with a new approach!

Great review.. I have been struggling with some of the 'bad' trying to convert my 2e campaign. Nice to know I am not the only one coming up with some 'thorough' notes as well.

Great review! As you have much more experience than me, but come from the same background, I see your pros and cons and recognize them as issues I want answered.

Let's see if I can't come up with some money to buy this thing :)