So.. Amy

By Mordai, in UFS General Discussion

Want to get some discussions going on this little girl :)

I have been playing her of order with various results. I find that I almost have to splash water for strange fashion with that low hp^^ and also playful is pretty sweet together with bloody funeral :) (note my build is pretty aggressive, with triple botta as the only reversal)

So what are other peoples thoughts about her? How do you play her?

Do you have any decklist or tactics that you have come accross as effective? Any key cards that work out well? What cards failed you and why?

My attack setup is

3x Fireshadow

3x tyr's warding smash

4x bloody funeral

4x Flash needle

3x triple botta

The cards I love the most with amy is:

Ostreinsburg castle throne room (+2 on blockmods)

Amaryllis spin (+2 on blockmods)

and combine the 2 above with the ultimate team for crazy damage.

Also playful + the combo on bloody funeral have won me some games.

Not human is godly and so is together again.

Resourceful is a card I use and love, get that triple botta back if you happen to take damage.

For card draw I use relentless as main draw.. financial troubles is in the deck only to annoy my opponent, if they let me draw, fine, if they discard fine anyway.

Main tactic:

Outbuild t1 and 2, block and reverse with triple botta (with the combo hopefully) and end their turn

on my turn, attack with bloody funeral combo, and use playful to switch speed and damage after combo E

with action + asset it's usually a 28 speed attack so it will sting a little when you switch ^^

Cards that did not work out to well for me

the stun2 reversal.. to expensive and triple botta is just so much better imo

Soaring dance.. "free" momentum was nice with flash needle, but it was hard to kill with wheeny pokes.

I play her Order/Good using a variety of different little combos

Soaring Dance E into Dragon Lifter (which hurts alot btw) then into a Flash Needle for hopeful game..

Using Amy + To the End of the Earth + ...Know when to Talk to near enough end there turn due to the breaker block..

or aswell

Using Amy+ To the End of the Earth + Enemies Now Friends on a partial block with a weapon then reversal with Triple Botta in Tempo then make the attack to fast to block so there next card will get +7 diff.

And as always Ostreinsburg Castle Throne Room + The Ultimate Team to get me either +5dmg of -5dmg to any attack

Here are my thoughts with Amy.

7hs character but with a defensive and offensive ability. Nice, Hilde, Zi Mei, and Cassy are both 7hs, competitive, and don't have necessarily defensive abilities so Amy should work out okay.

The offensive ability is nice but to get full use of it requires the play of many attacks, or multiple attacks. Which means 2 things, 1) drawing the many attacks, 2) playing the many attacks.

The offensive ability seems to pale a bit in comparison to that of the other 7hs characters, makes sense she has defense. But... Her defense only works if she blocks. How do you block, speed reduce, but Amy doesn't access Paid to Protect, hmmm.

To make of for the need for offense Path is almost a must in her (my opinion) and is extremely effective with multiple attacks so it makes sense. Water attack decks can also use acrobatics to turn the speed boosts into damage boosts, something to consider.

I think she is a fairly competitive character, but not top tier yet.

- dut

I agree PotM would make her able to kill much easier, But I refuse to use it.. Call it idiocy or pride I don't care,

I feel like some other people here do about path.. "how should I kill.. oh I know I add in Path of the master" But I try to make my chars work without it

For speed redux you do have sisters of battle and together again.

I do agree with the first part of you post, but the part were you said Amy isnt top tier yet I have to disagree, During testing yesterday with the resources she has, she does have a wide variety of cards at her disposal.

Good - Cursed Blood - Battle of Sisters - Dragon Lifter - Enemies now Friends - Shadowar - Torn Hero

Order - The Ultimate Team - Financial Troubles - Hammer of the Gods - Gianzende Nova and Frischer Himmel

Water - ...Know when to Talk - Leaping Snap Kick - Chi Disruptor

I wouldn't right her off quite so soon, I personally she can be a very good character in the format..

Mordai said:

I agree PotM would make her able to kill much easier, But I refuse to use it.. Call it idiocy or pride I don't care,

I feel like some other people here do about path.. "how should I kill.. oh I know I add in Path of the master" But I try to make my chars work without it

For speed redux you do have sisters of battle and together again.

I'm well aware of what she does have, sadly neither of these cards is enough speed reduction to combat the speed pump out there...

Nemisis, I am not writing her off, I am simply saying she isn't top tier (yet) - there is a big difference.

- dut

She is not among the S tier chars like king astrid james hata etc. But she is a really strong char that will get better as more sets are released.

Right now I would place her in B-A tier depending on build and symbol but that is based on the meta I have here in sweden :P

Any character that can completely wall-up with The Ultimate Team is in good hands, especially since, where Ultimate Team may fail you, you have Not Human, Amy's E, To the Ends of the Earth, and Strange Fashion. Multi-symbol Amy is very easy.

When it comes to her aggression, I don't see the problem. She has access to all of Paul's monster Order Stun, and think of it as such: even if you don't have Throne Room/Amaryllis, you're combining Stun with speed pump. It's going to be very hard to block by any means, and when you actually get Amaryllis and Throne Room out, Hammer of the Gods becomes STUPID.

's pretty much the reason I tell people Order's gonna be Amy's best symbol. Splashing in Good cards, such as Torn Hero and Strange Fashion, can only make her better.

Target X built her, and for what he calls a "trash deck", it's been ripping faces off left and right. Off of Order, not even abusing Stun, just playing her as she was designed.

I played Amy against a Legacy Feline Spiker. I would chuck +8 block modifiers to negate the damage (after blocking with Spin and with her terrain on board). I think an Order/Good staging area with a Good attack line-up is by far the best way to play her. You simply can't beat something like Dragon Lifter in Amy.

I've been playing her off water, using a lot of Xianghua's support. Between Acrobatics, Playful, and Waterfall, and the speed boosts you get, damage hasnt been an issue. I also tossed in a couple Playful Slice. A bit risky, but it helps get your attacks out.

VaporGecko said:

I think an Order/Good staging area with a Good attack line-up is by far the best way to play her. You simply can't beat something like Dragon Lifter in Amy.

Agreed! But yeah, you're gonna need an Order influence, because from what I've noticed about pure Good Amy, yeah, she has MAD skill with Dragon Lifter, but the list of pros just about stops there. Surprisingly enough, Water Amy does actually stand out (in major part to Amy not having Life), and well, Good Amy's gonna need to borrow from others, because while Good is getting there as a symbol, she just doesn't have that much Pure Good.

Like I said, a primarily Order build is best, but you just can't pass up on such things as Strange Fashion and Torn Hero.

Even though Dragon Lifter is good, other than the cost Hammer of the Gods can do it better. Ditch a card for the same effect as the Combo on Dragon Lifter? Then speed pump with Amy and the previous Amaryllis Spin used as a form? Same end effect, one more difficulty, one more control, no need for Combo.

Fair enough. Has anybody here actually tested The Ultimate Team with Order's new block mod raising toys? It just seems to be too good a decktype to pass up: throwing unblockable, super speed super damage Hammer of the Gods turn 2 just seems too good to pass up.

I like cards..... Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

lol nice try dood.

MarcoPulleauX said:

I like cards..... Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Some people really need 2 grow up

It's the internet, how serious do you want it to be?

MarcoPulleauX said:

Serious enough so that i dont have 2 deal with ********* who only like 2 cause problems for a game where the forums are already deemed a bad place to be

< Forum Moderator: Please keep it civil, folks. Thanks. >

Marco, I have been playing with the ultimate team + the block increasers ever since I got my hands on Amy :D 6+speed+ and around 6-8 damage + is nothing to laugh at.. (with both the asset and the action out)

On the defensive stand: do not commit the asset, instead block with Amaryllis Step so you get a sweet total of +4 on your block mods. then turn all of your opponents attacks into donuts with the ultimate team and not human xD

MarcoPulleaux said:

Fair enough. Has anybody here actually tested The Ultimate Team with Order's new block mod raising toys? It just seems to be too good a decktype to pass up: throwing unblockable, super speed super damage Hammer of the Gods turn 2 just seems too good to pass up.

As expected, It is really quite strong actually. Esp Order decks, they draw a lot so they have the cards to discard, and using Ultimate and Throne Room pretty much gives you twice the low blocks most decks have access too...

The only problem you will find is if you don't get Ultimate Team early, or it is destroyed/managed you are looking at quite a few relatively useless cards in your deck. i.e. the action card kind of sucks without Ultimate out, the throne room is -2 damage and makes your attacks harder to block so it ain't bad.

Obviously Order Hilde is more disgusting than Order Amy because she gets two pumped enhances off an Ultimate Team (redux and pump = pump and pump). That said, it is still very viable in Order Amy, and possibly Good splash into Order is also a good option if you use a lot of Amy's stuff (it goes without saying you also use Cursed Blood, the other Order Good card of value).

- dut

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

MarcoPulleauX said:

Serious enough so that i dont have 2 deal with ********* who only like 2 cause problems for a game where the forums are already deemed a bad place to be

The forums are a bad place to be because FFG does nothing to fix the problems of the forums. Like the fact that you still randomly get kicked and have to log back on if you post one message. And I"m only trolling one person, no need to shed tears because it's not you, unless you want it to be.

dutpotd said:

The only problem you will find is if you don't get Ultimate Team early, or it is destroyed/managed you are looking at quite a few relatively useless cards in your deck. i.e. the action card kind of sucks without Ultimate out, the throne room is -2 damage and makes your attacks harder to block so it ain't bad.

Your first attack might as well say I'm unblockable and you're telling me the action card kinda sucks? I've played against that action card. It has become the blue card of nightmares for our meta (as opposed to the previous one called PotE due to my always having 2 momentum and the card in hand when I needed it).