My Order/Good Amy deck

By Nemesis15, in UFS Uk Forum

During the pre release last Sunday I managed to aqquire alot of Amy cards to finish the deck, and yesterday I was able to test against Mitsurugi and Xianghua.

Out of all the new characters I felt that Amy was the one that would suit my playstyle,

Amy

Assets

2x Path of the Master
2x Giazende Nova and Frischer Himmel
2x Ostreinsburg Castle Throne Room
2x Valkyrja's Sheild

Foundations

4x Financial Troubles
4x Enemies Now Friends
4x Shadowar
4x The Ultimate Team
4x Sisters of Battle
3x Torn Hero
3x Cursed Blood
3x To the End of the Earth
3x Not Human
3x ...Know when to Talk

Attacks

4x Soaring Dance
3x Flash Needle
3x Triple Botta in Tempo
3x Dragon Lifter
3x Leaping Snap Kick

During the testing against mitsurugi I was able to use Amy and Valkyrja's Sheild to hold him back from inflicting massive damage to me.

With cards like The Ultimate Team and Ostreinsburg Castle Throne Room (OCTR). To either decrease dmg buy alot more or increase dmg buy alot more.

Using Sisters of Battle and To the End of the Earth to make the attack alot easier to block and giving the opponents attack breaker 2, also Amy and Valkryja's Sheild to give a block Breaker 6 which combined with ...Know when to Talk with give +7 difficulty to there next card.

With the attacks, using Soaring Dance to fuel Flash Needle to kill and to make sure they hit Amys E would be required, Also instead of Flash Needle there is Dragon Lifter which with Amy and OCTR in play will be a high 12 for 8 dmg which stings against the other 7 hand characters e.g. Kisheri, Xianghua and Padma.

But my faviroute combo for the deck is using Amy, OCTR and To the End of the Earth/Valkyrja's Sheild on there block then reversal with Triple Botta in Tempo and using its Combo E to boost the difficulty of there next card and due to the Breaker from Amy OCTR and VS it will be alot harder to block it.

Looking good Dan but we will see if it is good when i play it hehe, of course when i have done my deck building with the new set.

Nemesis said:

With the attacks, using Soaring Dance to fuel Flash Needle to kill and to make sure they hit Amys E would be required, Also instead of Flash Needle there is Dragon Lifter which with Amy and OCTR in play will be a high 12 for 8 dmg which stings against the other 7 hand characters e.g. Kisheri, Xianghua and Padma.

But my faviroute combo for the deck is using Amy, OCTR and To the End of the Earth/Valkyrja's Sheild on there block then reversal with Triple Botta in Tempo and using its Combo E to boost the difficulty of there next card and due to the Breaker from Amy OCTR and VS it will be alot harder to block it.

With Ostreinsburg Castle out, Dragon Lifter's a little more powerful than that (worryingly)

Dragon Lifer: +4M block. 3H4
OCTR:+2M = +6M
Combo E: +6 Damage - 3H10
E + Amy's E: 12H10

And yes, having played your Amy with my X, she's a cow, hope you're proud of yourself!

Joe your last bit of your comment makes me laugh, i just hope i can do the same with yoshimitsu and yun seong or either one will do.

Am i the only person who thinks that breaker doesnt work when your opponent attempts to block your reversal? This came up at our first pre release...

2.14.2.1 Breaker
Breaker: X (Response) - R: After blocking with this card, the difficulty on your
opponent’s next card played is increased by X.
2.14.2.1.1 The Breaker keyword is a played ability.
2.14.2.1.2 A card with Breaker is also considered to have a response ability
printed on the card.

an increase in the difficulty on the card will not affect a block, since block difficulty is determined by the block modifier plus the speed of the attack, the difficulty of the card itself has no effect. I dont feel good about breaking your fav combo (if you all agree with me here), i just wanted to point it out.

babelfish666 said:

Am i the only person who thinks that breaker doesnt work when your opponent attempts to block your reversal? This came up at our first pre release...

2.14.2.1 Breaker
Breaker: X (Response) - R: After blocking with this card, the difficulty on your
opponent’s next card played is increased by X.
2.14.2.1.1 The Breaker keyword is a played ability.
2.14.2.1.2 A card with Breaker is also considered to have a response ability
printed on the card.

an increase in the difficulty on the card will not affect a block, since block difficulty is determined by the block modifier plus the speed of the attack, the difficulty of the card itself has no effect. I dont feel good about breaking your fav combo (if you all agree with me here), i just wanted to point it out.

That was certainly the way it was always played im sure. Card difficulty and Block difficulty are two very seperate things

RULEBOOK TIME!

Breaker: X (Response)- R: After you block with this card, if this card is in your card pool when your opponent attempts to play their next card this turn, your opponent's card gets +X difficulty. X equals the breaker rating of this card.

...meaning that the block card gets a bonus/penalty to it's printed difficulty, but the block difficulty is unaffected. I think.

I hope this helps.